Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Naters gonna Nate - on the NBA stage

Originally posted by JackrabbitGuy View Post
    I love it. Ironically, that crappy Mazda 6 is representative of the no nonsense, working man's attitude that will be responsible for keeping Nate in this league for years. I'm glad to hear it hasn't changed him yet. I wonder if he has yet lobbied the Bucks for a small apartment right in the arena so that he can more easily keep up his late night shooting sessions when not on the road.
    I mean ... Okay
    Originally posted by JackFan96
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by JackrabbitGuy View Post
      I love it. Ironically, that crappy Mazda 6 is representative of the no nonsense, working man's attitude that will be responsible for keeping Nate in this league for years. I'm glad to hear it hasn't changed him yet. I wonder if he has yet lobbied the Bucks for a small apartment right in the arena so that he can more easily keep up his late night shooting sessions when not on the road.
      Or it just means that despite the NBA contract, Nate is living frugal
      "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

With all the talk about the men's team losing last night, don't forget to watch Nate play his first regular season game in Minnesota tonight on FSN. Hope he goes off against Ricky.

Comment

Nate with 13 points on 5 for 6 shooting after 3 quarters in Minneapolis.

Comment

Good catch up on Nate story

http://www.keloland.com/newsdetail.c...cks/?id=161512

Comment

http://www.nba.com/bucks/video/channels ... bucks.nba/
              Nice video about the youth movement in Milwaukee. I've seen some rival fans, and in some cases former players from one of our rivals (think North) dismissing Nate's success on Twitter. Seems like is teammates and coaches disagree. It also seems that a number of NBA Insiders disagree. He is still #9 on this year's Rookie ladder. Not bad for a kid from St. Cloud and SDSU.

Comment

15 pts, 2 assts, 3 rebs for Nate today
                "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Per @gbnypat:

Nate Wolters has played 1200 minutes for a 13-52 team and is just -11 for the season.
                  "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Pretty cool picture from this afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post

Pretty cool picture from this afternoon.
                      "Mom, I made it!"

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfan29 View Post
                        http://www.nba.com/bucks/video/channels ... bucks.nba/
                        Nice video about the youth movement in Milwaukee. I've seen some rival fans, and in some cases former players from one of our rivals (think North) dismissing Nate's success on Twitter. Seems like is teammates and coaches disagree. It also seems that a number of NBA Insiders disagree. He is still #9 on this year's Rookie ladder. Not bad for a kid from St. Cloud and SDSU.
                        Former bison players? Please tell...
                        "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Bucks vs Knicks was a dismal Bucks day. However, the best of the Bucks was Wolters with the 15/3/3 performance. IIRC, when Nate went to the NBA, us Jacks fans were 1) hoping he'd make a roster, 2) get SOME playing time, 3) get a few chances to show how good he is, especially on D, where msot of the ???? about Nate existed.

Now near the end of his rookie season, he is a starting guard, albeit on the worst team in the NBA, with multiple starts, and is the most efficient player on the team. Hope the Bucks choose a star forward to compliment the Greek, as opposed to a point guard, with their lottery draft pick.

Comment

11 points (5/7), 3 rebounds, and 3 assists today for Nate today. Since starting 3-for-29 from beyond the arc, he is 15-for-32 (46.9%) on triples. And Bucks fans were worried about his shooting....

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
                              Former bison players? Please tell...
                              Zastrow and Nelson. Nothing major, just odd jabs going back to early in the year and carrying on as the season continued. There seems to be a feeling up north that any success Nate has had in his rookie year is simply due to the Buck's being bad.

Bison are odd. I've also seen some shots taken at Nagy. That's just weird in my opinion. You don't see any of our former players taking shots at Phillips or any other coach. There seems to be something in the water up there. I often wonder if some of the UND hatred has now spilled over to SDSU. Let's be honest, the USD/SDSU rivalry is tame compared to the NDSU/UND.

Comment

Nate is still 9th in the Rookie Ladder. Latest analysis:
                                I'm not sure what Wolters would be giving to a different team, but playing for the League's worst team (as of Tuesday night) is paying off for the surprising rookie out of South Dakota State. I love what Wolters does for the Bucks, running the show under control and scoring efficiently when he needs to. For the month, he's hitting at a 53.2 percent clip from the field and 58.8 percent on 3s while averaging 9.3 ppg. He had an off night Tuesday, but that followed a pair of double-digit scoring games in which he went 10-for-14 from the floor. -- March 19
                                He's been shooting really well in the month of March. Rest of the list can be found here: www.nba.com/rookie-ladder/

Comment

Working...
                                X