Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Naters gonna Nate - on the NBA stage

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
    I may be wrong, but I don't think Nate every had a triple-double in college. Anybody know for sure?
    Reasonably sure he didn't either. Many nights where he had a stat line like his last night, but just never got over the hump.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=400489670

Nate is listed as the Bucks top performer.

Comment

Caron Butler talking about Nate's shot: "I'm always talking to Nate saying, 'Shoot the ball because you are a good shooter,'" Butler said. "I think in one of his college games he scored 50 points. If you can score 50 points at the 'Y,' you don't pass open looks. That's a turnover if you pass up open looks when you can shoot the ball like that." The article even praises Nate's D at the end. People on SDSU Fans questioning Nate's D seems like so long ago.

Rest of article that talks about Nate and Giannis sealing the deal in the 4th qtr last night: http://msn.foxsports.com/wisconsin/s...t-magic-021814
      "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

"He's a gym rat so I was extremely happy for him," Butler said of Wolters. "I always tell him, 'Don't second-guess. Shoot the shot.' And that's exactly what he did. He's going to be a special player."

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/bucks...246084461.html

Comment

It's terribly over-used every year, but the "steal of the draft" label that some casually gave Wolters on draft night is shaping up to possibly be reality. Any team in the league would be thrilled to have a second round pick putting up these kinds of numbers in year #1.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
            It's terribly over-used every year, but the "steal of the draft" label that some casually gave Wolters on draft night is shaping up to possibly be reality. Any team in the league would be thrilled to have a second round pick putting up these kinds of numbers in year #1.
            You could argue the Bucks got both steals of the draft. Giannis at pick #15 and is going to grow to 7' they say and Wolters at pick #38

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
              You could argue the Bucks got both steals of the draft. Giannis at pick #15 and is going to grow to 7' they say and Wolters at pick #38
              Alot of the stuff i have read about the draft after the fact bucks came out on tops, and both would have gone much higher then they did if they did a redraft.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                Alot of the stuff i have read about the draft after the fact bucks came out on tops, and both would have gone much higher then they did if they did a redraft.
                When the Bucks drafted Giannis, the analysts said he went too high and said his competition in Greece was on par with D3 basketball. Now, after he has played and they have learned from doctors that he is going to grow to 7', they love his upside and say he might have the biggest ceiling in the draft at this point. At the draft, Bill Simmons said Nate was a steal and he will have a very nice 9 year career. Now if the Bucks can get rid of Mayo, Neal, maybe Sanders if they get Embiid they will have a nice future.
                Last edited by witness; 02-19-2014, 05:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
                  When the Bucks drafted Giannis, the analysts said he went too high and said his competition in Greece was on par with D3 basketball. Now, after he has played and they have learned from doctors that he is going to grow to 7', they love his upside and say he might have the biggest ceiling in the draft at this point. At the draft, Bill Simmons said Nate was a steal and he will have a very nice 9 year career. Now if the Bucks can get rid of Mayo, Neal, maybe Sanders if they get Embiid they will have a nice future.
                  from the few things i have read and seeing the problems they hvae had with signing free agents. they need to develop a core of young guys, sign cheap as they can for several years at a time to keep guys as long as they can. I know it sounds hard but drafting and keeping talent is about the only thing the bucks can really do.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Luke Ridnour and Gary Neal traded to Charlotte for Ramon Sessions and Jeff Adrien.
                    "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Gary Neal experiment is over. Good.

One of those shuffle the deck trades between two bad teams that won't move the needle much.
                      Originally posted by JackFan96
                      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

does this move Wolters to the bench? start sessions and wolters comes off the bench for back up PG now? I dont know much about Sessions. The Bucks looking to move anyone else? Mayo or Sanders, or Illyasova? as far as I am concerned with the Bucks, Keep Knight, Middleton, Wolters and Henson, Bulter and hope for the first pick in the draft and go for the Center from Kansas in the draft to have a nice young core to build with for the most part.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                          does this move Wolters to the bench? start sessions and wolters comes off the bench for back up PG now? I dont know much about Sessions. The Bucks looking to move anyone else? Mayo or Sanders, or Illyasova? as far as I am concerned with the Bucks, Keep Knight, Middleton, Wolters and Henson, Bulter and hope for the first pick in the draft and go for the Center from Kansas in the draft to have a nice young core to build with for the most part.
                          I doubt it changes things much - Sessions is a journeyman PG who has played for lots of teams and had maybe one good season many years ago.

Comment

Sessions deal is expiring this year so I highly doubt he is anything more than a backup pg. ESPN had this article about the trade: http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10...ur-player-deal

Comment

I could've swore nobody would trade for Ridnour...
                              "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                                I could've swore nobody would trade for Ridnour...
                                Nobody traded for Ridnour. The Bobcats traded for Neal and the Bucks wouldn't do a Neal-Sessions swap unless Bobcats took Ridnour contract as well. Sessions is making 5mm and Neal is making 3.25mm this year

Comment

Working...
                                X