Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Naters gonna Nate - on the NBA stage

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
    Had a great play where he took it right at Dwight and drew the foul and hit the shot. Check out the video in his game log on NBA.com.
    He had a few nice plays in the game. One was forcing Jeremy Lin into a tough jumper and grabbing the a key rebound within the last minute to keep their hopes alive and earlier in the 4th, he dove for a loose ball, got the steal and threw a nice pass ahead to start the fast break.
    "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

At the half. Naters is leading the bucks in rebounding and assists and 7 points 2 steals 1 block and no TOs.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

No turnovers in 36 minute tonight for Nate; that is some point guarding in the NBA. Unfortunately, his team can't shoot a lick. He had six boards, seven points, three assists.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
          No turnovers in 36 minute tonight for Nate; that is some point guarding in the NBA. Unfortunately, his team can't shoot a lick. He had six boards, seven points, three assists.
          He is not shooting well either. The oddest part is free throws. I don't think he has gained confidence with the new stroke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

2-9. Milwaukee fans are not thrilled with his shooting from what I've gathered from comments.
            Originally posted by JackFan96
            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

2-9. Milwaukee fans are not thrilled with his shooting from what I've gathered from comments.
              A lot of rookies struggle with their shooting in their first year in the league. It will come around. From what I've been watching and observing it seem like Nate is getting more confident with his outside shots. He has made 2 of this last 6 three point attempts and he has been making his mid range jumper. A lot of his misses are around the rim. In tonight's game Nate missed a point blank layup, granted that there were 7 footers right beside him but he still should have made it. When he drives he gets bump but refs are going to call it every time since he is a rookie and a young player. Knight can't even get calls when he gets hacked around the rim. Nate is doing just fine imo. He has the highest assist to turnover ratio for rookies since 1990 and is 4th in the NBA in that catagory. And that is what the point guard is supposed to do. His teammates need to knock down their shots. I've counted numerous times when Zaza and Henson couldn't handle Nates passes and they fumble the ball. The one thing that really bothers me is his free throw shooting. There is no reason why he is shooting 67% from the line. He is better than that. That is one thing that should be carried over with ease to the NBA.

Comment

Before tonight, Wolters was shooting 48% from the field in the 5 previous games since he went back to starting. Rookies also struggle with their shot. He will be fine.

Comment

Bucks GDT - From a poster on one of the Bucks fan forums..."The ball movement in our offensive sets with the insertion of Wolters is night and day. It's amazing."

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1303229&start=90
                  "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Wolters Negotiating Low Road Successfully

http://www.nba.com/bucks/features/mb-140210

Comment

If your talking about the RealGM fans, well... most are clueless. He's a rookie. Traditionally rookies don't shoot that well in the NBA. The transition is more then just moving up a level. I think the most impressive thing about Nate is that he seems incredibly comfortable on the floor, and his defense is far better then advertised. I think it is fairly obvious Nagy really wasn't asking Nate to play a lot of defense in college.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfan29 View Post
                        If your talking about the RealGM fans, well... most are clueless. He's a rookie. Traditionally rookies don't shoot that well in the NBA. The transition is more then just moving up a level. I think the most impressive thing about Nate is that he seems incredibly comfortable on the floor, and his defense is far better then advertised. I think it is fairly obvious Nagy really wasn't asking Nate to play a lot of defense in college.
                        Nope. Saw comments on local newspaper site as well as the SBNation Milwaukee blog. I never go to RealGM.
                        Originally posted by JackFan96
                        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Apples to oranges, but Nate Wolters is shooting better than MCW from the field who isn't even shooting 40% from the field for the season and in the last 10 games he isn't even shooting 35% from the field. I am more worried about MCWs jumpshot than Nates. MCW even shanks shots in warmups. If Nate can become a 45%fg 32%3pt I will be very very happy.

Comment

John Stockton did not shoot north of 20% from 3 until his 4th year in the league. It just takes some time to get use to shooting an NBA 3 and having better defenders guarding you.

The coaches and players understand this, fans do not. So who cares if fans are impatient with his 3 point shooting. Nate will probably have more starts in his first year than John Stockton had in his first three years combined.
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=)
                            (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Jason Kidd and Gary Payton are a couple others that come to mind that couldn't throw it in the ocean when they first came into the league. They turned out ok...
                              "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Michael Jordan is a different style of player, but for what its worth, his 3pt percentage the first 5 years in the league: 17%, 16%, 18%, 13%, 27%

Comment

Working...
                                X