Naters gonna Nate - on the NBA stage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Naters gonna Nate - on the NBA stage

I ambled over to the Bucks website and what was the first thing I saw? Nate's picture and mention front and center. It is one of the scrolling main pictures with a link to the game recap.

Nate.jpg

http://www.nba.com/bucks/
    The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Nates shooting wasn't great but in watching the game wasn't as bad as the stat sheet. He had a couple of shots blocked or altered, had 1 or 2 just fall off the rim, and then had to throw up a couple of bad shots (made 1) right at the shot clock.

His defense was better then I thought it would be, and he played more minutes then most thought he would.

Comment

Because of injuries he got 5 most minutes on the team and if espn is right had 9 points and 2nd most assists on the team with 4. Had 12 shots only a couple guys had more then him so either he wasn't afraid to shoot. The bucks want him to shoot it if he can or the knicks wanted him to be taking the shots. Probably some of all 3.

Not bad considering I thought he was going to be staring in the D league when the season started but it looks like he will for the time being get enough minutes to really get that crash course he needs.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Knight went down with a hammy 2minutes in. Haven't heard the official report, but since he has been nursing it for a couple of games it doesn't look good. It sounds like Ridnour is out again on Friday so Nate might get some serious burn again.

Comment

Originally posted by NebraskaJack View Post
            Knight went down with a hammy 2minutes in. Haven't heard the official report, but since he has been nursing it for a couple of games it doesn't look good. It sounds like Ridnour is out again on Friday so Nate might get some serious burn again.
            That's perfect for him. Needs some PT to get comfortable at this level.

I thought overall he looked pretty good. The Bucks offense was best when he was on the floor no doubt. I gotta think he's only gonna get better.

Comment

TV has a nice write-up on the game. It features quite an impressive photo of Wolters in action.

http://terryvandrovec.tumblr.com/pos...was-unexpected#

Comment

Milwaukee article today. nice.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/bucks...229987021.html
                With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

From the little bit I was able to find online.....Ridnour has been nursing a sore back for a couple of weeks, couldn't loosen up before the game and was scratched. Knight had a bad hammy for the last month or so, he actually hurt his other one in the game according to a tweet. Not quite sure what to read into either situation but it would appear that Nate might see some playing time the next week or so....could go a long way into deciding how much time he sees this year.

Comment

Most I've watched of an NBA game in 25 years. Who says I'm stubborn and not open to new things?
                    @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                    --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Board going down for (hopefully) a little while to apply a maintenance update. Be back soon.

Comment

Hopefully there'll be some more background pic options after Friday as well. A lot of fun to see Nate in Madison Square Garden, especially once he settled down a little and started to play his game.

Comment

Fun Fact: Nate Wolters is averaging more points in the NBA than Burke, Siva, Pressey, Bennett (#1 overall pick), Zeller, and McLemore combined. Brandon Knights injury could be a blessing in disguise for Nate. I expect Knight to miss at least the next couple of games. Ridnour's injury is day-to-day. He is dealing with back spasms. Nate is going to get some solid minutes for the next couple games. Hopefully he takes advantage of that and turns some heads.

Comment

Well it is official that Brandon Knight will miss Fridays game so Nate will more than likely be the backup pg at the least.
                            "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
                              Well it is official that Brandon Knight will miss Fridays game so Nate will more than likely be the backup pg at the least.
                              Ridnour is still doubtful. Here's an article with a nice Nate pic. http://www.foxsportswisconsin.com/nb...hlVPGg.twitter

Comment

Remember all that talk about Nate needing to land in the "right situation" for him to be successful in the NBA? I'd say a team without a ton of expectations and 2 injured point guards whose last names aren't Wolters is a pretty good situation.
                                If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                                - Steven Wright

Comment

Working...
                                X