Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Naters gonna Nate - on the NBA stage

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
    Right now I counted 18 players under contract with the Bucks. 3 of them are 1 year non-guarantee contracts. (Stephen Graham, Trey McKinney-Jones, and Olek Czyz) Only 12 players can dress for the game. I don't know if the Bucks would send the other 3 who don't dress to their D-League affiliate, Fort Wayne or would they keep them with the team. I would assume the roster will be cut down tomorrow.
    http://www.hoopsworld.com/milwaukee-bucks-team-salary
    The D League regular season doesn't start for almost a month,so you would think they would keep everyone with the Bucks for at least a couple more weeks.

Comment

The Bucks have a lot of injuries right now so I'm not sure how that effects the roster. McKinney-Jones got little to no playing time in preseason so he will most likely be gone. Czyz got some time and Graham got almost as much as Nate. Brandon Knight sat out the last 2 pre-season games with either a hip or groin issue, so it will be interesting to see how long that affects him and whether it will impact Nate's time the first week or two. By all accounts, Drew the head coach is a guy who rolls with his veterans so that won't bode well for Nate. Nate seemed to progress as the preseason went along so I would like to see him get some burn in the D-league, but I am concerned he will become a forgotten man down there.

Comment

Just saw a tweet ( not going with the past tense ) that the Bucks are down to 15 after asking waivers on Czyz,Graham and McKinney-Jones.

Comment

That is good news at least for now. Who is the D league affiliate for the Bucks?
          The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Answer to my own question Fort Wayne. I see they are affiliated with several NBA teams. I wonder what affect that has if any on Nate's chances of being placed there?
            The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

If Nate would go there for awhile , he would return to the site of his 53 point effort from last season.

Comment

As with the thinking of most that Nate being able to play decent minutes right away and being able to develop was huge for him becoming the player he was, I think the same needs to be done at the NBA level. He needs to play whether in the D League or with the Bucks, most likely the D League, but he needs to play somewhere in order to advance his game even further. He can't just sit on the bench.
                "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

@TerryVandrovec: Yes, ex-SDSU star @NateWolters has made the opening-day roster for the @Bucks. "That's always good," he said. Game 1 is Wed. at the Knicks.
                  "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                  "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                    @TerryVandrovec: Yes, ex-SDSU star @NateWolters has made the opening-day roster for the @Bucks. "That's always good," he said. Game 1 is Wed. at the Knicks.
                    Woohoo! I'll get to watch Nate live Wed.!

Comment

Nate is playing right now!

Comment

Nate got 5 minutes early. If you have the sports package on DirectTV tha game is on 634.

Comment

Nate is officially in the books with 2 points!!! He has played 6 minutes so far.

Comment

Brandon Knight has a strained hamstring and will not return
                            "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Got loose under the bucket and scored his first points in the NBA. A couple minutes later he got stuffed big time by Chandler. Welcome to the league kid!

Comment

enjoying bucks/knicks live @ the Garden. Nate's been in and scored 2. Bucks aren't playing competitive ball.

Comment

Working...
                                X