Naters gonna Nate - on the NBA stage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Naters gonna Nate - on the NBA stage

Nate got 0 minutes in tonights loss to....Memphis? I forgot already who they played.
    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
      Nate got 0 minutes in tonight loss to....Memphis? I forgot already who they played.
      Yeah that makes it 2 games in a row that Nate has not seen the floor. Nate played well in the first 2 preseason games which is why i find it weird that he hasn't played the last couple games. I know that during the Bucks and Wolves game, Nate hurt his wrist. I don't if that that is the reason why he isn't getting any minutes the last 2 games or maybe coach Drew wants him to watch and learn from the bench? I wouldn't be surprised if Nate started the season in the D-league. I would think he would start and get a lot of playing time and get used to the pace of the game. The Bucks D-League affiliate is the Fort Wayne Mad Ants, which they happen to play in the same arena where Nate scored 53 points last season.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
        Yeah that makes it 2 games in a row that Nate has not seen the floor. Nate played well in the first 2 preseason games which is why i find it weird that he hasn't played the last couple games. I know that during the Bucks and Wolves game, Nate hurt his wrist. I don't if that that is the reason why he isn't getting any minutes the last 2 games or maybe coach Drew wants him to watch and learn from the bench? I wouldn't be surprised if Nate started the season in the D-league. I would think he would start and get a lot of playing time and get used to the pace of the game. The Bucks D-League affiliate is the Fort Wayne Mad Ants, which they happen to play in the same arena where Nate scored 53 points last season.
        As it gets closer to the start of the regular season,teams are going to give most of the minutes to players that are going to be in the main rotation. Knight and Ridnour will get the playing time to start the season. It will be interesting to see if the Bucks want Nate to sit and observe,practice and play limited minutes in Milwaukee or get playing time and experience in the D League. Whether its because of injuries or something else,he will get his chance sometime during the season.

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
          Nate got 0 minutes in tonights loss to....Memphis? I forgot already who they played.
          Wolters has been nursing a sore wrist since his hard fall at the end of the TWolves game in Sioux Falls.

Comment

I would. Bucks can have 15 on the roster to start the regular season. With all of the Bucks injuries right now, I'd really be surprised if Nate isn't in uniform for the Bucks season opener.
            "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
            "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
              I would. Bucks can have 15 on the roster to start the regular season. With all of the Bucks injuries right now, I'd really be surprised if Nate isn't in uniform for the Bucks season opener.
              A lot of the Bucks injuries are minor. If it was the regular season, most of them would play. Nate is on the Bucks injury report with a wrist injury. I think the Bucks have 16 players under contract (if i counted right). I think it would benefit Nate if he would start in the D-League. He can get a lot more playing time and reps at the point and shooting guard positions. There is still a ton of talent in the D-League. Its a pretty big jump from the Summit League to the NBA. I just think getting playing time experience would benefit him greatly.

Comment

A lot of the Bucks injuries are minor. If it was the regular season, most of them would play. Nate is on the Bucks injury report with a wrist injury. I think the Bucks have 16 players under contract (if i counted right). I think it would benefit Nate if he would start in the D-League. He can get a lot more playing time and reps at the point and shooting guard positions. There is still a ton of talent in the D-League. Its a pretty big jump from the Summit League to the NBA. I just think getting playing time experience would benefit him greatly.
                I figured he would have to spend a little time in the D league to just get the time playing a different style and paced game. playing in the bigs is a lot different then dropping 53 on the Dons. I hope he makes the opening roster and contributes but sitting on the bench is not really the way it seems Nate would learn best.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                  Wolters has been nursing a sore wrist since his hard fall at the end of the TWolves game in Sioux Falls.
                  From one of the fan boards I have followed, this appears to be the reason why. In the last couple of games they have played everyone on the roster who hasn't been injured, so Nate is good in this regard. Not being in the rotation is probably setting him back, he needs games at NBA speed.

Comment

Nate was back in action last night against Chicago.

Put up a team high +/- at a +6 in 12 minutes. Had 2 pts, 2 rebounds with a turnover.

http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400491579

Comment

+/- is essentially worthless. More promising is that he played 12 minutes.
                      Originally posted by JackFan96
                      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Last preseason game for Nate tonight against the Raptors. The Bucks open up the regular season at MSG on the 30th.

Comment

When are the last set of cuts? And how many are still left to cut it down to 15?
                          Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                            When are the last set of cuts? And how many are still left to cut it down to 15?
                            Right now I counted 18 players under contract with the Bucks. 3 of them are 1 year non-guarantee contracts. (Stephen Graham, Trey McKinney-Jones, and Olek Czyz) Only 12 players can dress for the game. I don't know if the Bucks would send the other 3 who don't dress to their D-League affiliate, Fort Wayne or would they keep them with the team. I would assume the roster will be cut down tomorrow.
                            http://www.hoopsworld.com/milwaukee-bucks-team-salary

Some teams have already announced players that have been cut. Some notable players that left college early and got cut are Vander Blue, Myck Kabongo, Adonis Thomas, B.J. Young, C.J Leslie, and Loranzo Brown.

Comment

I believe the final cut deadline is 2pm on Monday. The Bucks final preseason game is tonight at 730pm.
                              "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Well its turns out that that tonight's game is cancelled because of a condensation problem with the floor at the Bradly Center. The there is a ice rink under the floor.

Comment

Working...
                                X