Layne Somsen's future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Layne Somsen's future

Layne went another two scoreless for the Reds today. 2 hits, 1 walk, 2 strikeouts.

Comment

He added another quality appearance on Friday, an inning pitched with no hits and 1 walk. Still a 0.00 ERA for the spring.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
      The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Got the save today against the Royals. Perfect ninth with one K

Comment

Originally posted by 76Rabbit View Post
          Got the save today against the Royals. Perfect ninth with one K
          This game is on mlb network at 5 am if anyone that wants to record it and watch him pitch the ninth.

Comment

Layne had a tough outing on monday pitching 2/3 of an inning giving up 5 hits and 4 runs. Prior to that he had an outstanding spring not allowing a run in six innings. He was sent to their minor league camp yesterday.

Comment

Looks like Layne was called up today.http://www.cincinnati.com/story/spor...list/83501498/

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
                Looks like Layne was called up today.http://www.cincinnati.com/story/spor...list/83501498/
                Fantastic!! Wish him the best.
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

http://www.argusleader.com/story/spo...reds/83502252/

You can assume that mom and dad are on their way and flying to New York and that the only question is whether or not they actually will need a plane to get there...

Comment

That is great news. Have now added the Reds as one of the teams to watch all the time on the MLB iPhone app.

Comment

Could not happen to a better young man! Hope he get's enough exposure during the stint there. Don't know how long the "paternity leave" will last or what the Reds intend to do at that time. Go Layne!!!!

Comment

Maybe I should add him to my fantasy baseball team. I already have Blake Treinen on there.

Comment

Originally posted by Evolution Prime View Post
                          Maybe I should add him to my fantasy baseball team. I already have Blake Treinen on there.
                          Ha, I have blake too.
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

• Layne Somsen in the Bigs

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/spor...list/83501498/

Congrats to Layne on being called up by the Cincinnati Reds.

Go Rabbits!

Comment

• Re: Layne Somsen in the Bigs

Layne has been recalled to the majors by the Reds! That's great news especially when you consider what the manager said about calling him back up from Louisville. He talked about the timing in that the bull pen is basically shorthanded, and that is the time in the season when they need eight relievers instead of seven. Another player (not a pitcher) was sent down to Louisville to make roster for an eighth pitcher. It seems to be reasonable that Layne is going to see some action...it will just be hard to predict when that will be (which makes it tough on his parents, and on his fans). The Reds won tonight 3-2, and used three relievers. That could bode well for seeing Layne sooner than later (I hope!)

Comment

• Re: Layne Somsen in the Bigs

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                                Layne has been recalled to the majors by the Reds! That's great news especially when you consider what the manager said about calling him back up from Louisville. He talked about the timing in that the bull pen is basically shorthanded, and that is the time in the season when they need eight relievers instead of seven. Another player (not a pitcher) was sent down to Louisville to make roster for an eighth pitcher. It seems to be reasonable that Layne is going to see some action...it will just be hard to predict when that will be (which makes it tough on his parents, and on his fans). The Reds won tonight 3-2, and used three relievers. That could bode well for seeing Layne sooner than later (I hope!)
                                Then they got rained out last night. Dang

Comment

Working...
                                X