Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2013 Minnesota Twins

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
    I just hope they field well and give it their best shot, management included.

We are going to Target field for the first time in June. Any advice on tickets? I need 5 for a Thursday, June 13th game versus the Phillies.
    I've always used StubHub when going to Target Field and always paid well under face value. Being an interleague game will increase the cost on StubHub though. Also, scalpers...errr, ticket brokers, are all over downtown around the stadium.

StubHub: http://www.stubhub.com/minnesota-twi...-2013-4169658/

Twins Website: http://purchase.tickets.com/buy/MLBE...owest_Price-xo
    "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
      I just hope they field well and give it their best shot, management included.We are going to Target field for the first time in June. Any advice on tickets? I need 5 for a Thursday, June 13th game versus the Phillies.
      It's a risk, but when I was in school up there you could always scalp tickets for really cheap. I suspect it will be the same this year. Just something to think about if you don't find anything online. I'd wait too, because demand will likely go down as the Twins continue to lose games. (I know that's being a bad fan, but it's true)

I'll be up there in April & June and we're just going down there and finding tickets that day.

Sidenote: I'd pay a little extra for tickets down by the dugout. They're around $100 but food/beer is included as concessions are underneath your seats. I'd sit there or in club level. I'm not sure if your kids are going with so I'm not sure if the beer/food will matter. Also, best place to park (if not staying downtown) is lots A,B,C coming in from W394.
      Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
        It's a risk, but when I was in school up there you could always scalp tickets for really cheap. I suspect it will be the same this year. Just something to think about if you don't find anything online. I'd wait too, because demand will likely go down as the Twins continue to lose games. (I know that's being a bad fan, but it's true)

I'll be up there in April & June and we're just going down there and finding tickets that day.

Sidenote: I'd pay a little extra for tickets down by the dugout. They're around $100 but food/beer is included as concessions are underneath your seats. I'd sit there or in club level. I'm not sure if your kids are going with so I'm not sure if the beer/food will matter. Also, best place to park (if not staying downtown) is lots A,B,C coming in from W394.
        I am proficient with stub hub and there are plenty of tickets still available through the Twins ticket office. If it was just Beth and I we would scalp tickets in the dugout section and hit the beer and food hard. I am bringing the 3 children so their is no advantage to sitting there.

I will still get some decent seats as I enjoy having a good view. I am less excited to scalp tickets when the kids are along but I might do that. For now I plan to wait and watch on stub hub as the date approaches. Prices will certainly go down.

I was angling for any other suggestions. We got some really good tickets to the Royals 2 years ago from the radio station here in Yankton. On field pass, dugout level seats with our own concessions and free parking passes for 3 games. That kicked ass. My kids got 11 major league baseballs that day.

I know the Twins experience won't be as personal given the novelty of the new stadium. However, it never hurts to ask. We will enjoy ourselves either way. Still planning to try and make it to Royals game or two this summer as well.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

My parents have made several games last year and said it was miserable hot sitting in the full sun, but a lot better in the shaded seats.

I haven't been, so I don't know where those seats would be, but some seats are apparently under mezzanines.

Looking at the seating map, I think they were along the third base line, section 121 or so and said never again during a (hot) day game....miserable. The second day I wanna say there were in S (apparently shaded) and it wasn't nearly as dreadful hot.

It seems, after them telling me that, I decided when we go the first time, we would get seats on the first base side, as I believe they said that side ends up far more shaded than the third base side. (though you don't get to see the stunning DT backdrop).

edit* A google earth image seems to back this theory up....whatever time of day (perhaps 1pm'ish?) this aerial was taken, the first base line is almost entirely shaded.

target.jpg
          "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

The first base side is definitely the better side to sit on to avoid the direct sun. I would recommend the first base side even for evening games as you get a pretty nasty glare off a few of the downtown buildings at sunset.

I hope you enjoy the game, the product on the field may not be the best but Target Field is a world class stadium.
            “Who's more foolish: the fool, or the fool who follows him?” - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Comment

I sat on the third base side on a day that was sunny and 80-90 degrees. Sure it was hot but I liked sitting at the game, sweating and drinking some good old Summer Shandy.
              "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

My son and I absolutely roasted in seats just above the third base dugout at a July day game. We had to go spend a couple innings in the top row left field seats to cool down.

Comment

I personally like the Legends Club seats which are aways available on stub hub. An enclosed area with a view of the field is just a few steps away. It is on the second level.
                  Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Originally posted by West-River_Jack View Post
                    I personally like the Legends Club seats which are aways available on stub hub. An enclosed area with a view of the field is just a few steps away. It is on the second level.
                    Agreed. I think I stated them as club level, but they're called Legends Club to be exact. If sit there or by the dugouts.
                    Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Wow! With a record of 2-1 this team is on track to win about 106 games. :-)
                      Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Originally posted by West-River_Jack View Post
                        Wow! With a record of 2-1 this team is on track to win about 106 games. :-)
                        108-54 to be exact (not counting a 1 game playoff - if necessary).

Comment

I guess I was allowing for a mid-season slump.

Comment

Twins are now 4-2. Haha

Comment

It seems they started out fairly well last year too, then fell off. Either way, enjoy the wins while they are still coming.
                              "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                                It seems they started out fairly well last year too, then fell off. Either way, enjoy the wins while they are still coming.
                                Ya.... About that. They started out 2-7 and didn't get their second series win until Mid-May

Comment

Working...
                                X