Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Manning to sign with Denver...

Originally posted by filbert View Post
    Or that Denver, for crying out loud, would win the AFC West? NOBODY saw that coming.
    Tebow did.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
      No, you still can't. The NFL has too much volatility. How many people predicted the 49ers to do well this last year?

And my argument isn't that Denver is a better place, just that the 49ers aren't that much better.
      I expected the 49ers to make the playoffs but to due as well as they did. Nope. I guess we can agree to disagree that SF is better than Denver. Honestly, how will Peyton react with the wind, cold and snow of Denver whereas SF will be nicer weather? His Qb Rating is 90.8 outside whereas it is 98.7 indoor. Fact of the matter is, there is simply TOO much hype going around in Denver and Peyton Manning and its starting to annoy me. Manning had Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, and Dallas Clark. Who is going to to be his go-to reciever if Thomas struggles or is double-teamed some games? Decker? Not going to cut it. Mannings career playoff record is 9-10 and not to mention in those losses the average points that Indy scored was 13.6. Come on, in his 1 Super Bowl win, he had a QB Rating of 81.8, and only had one TD along with one pick. His D had a TD as well and he had to beat Rex freakin Grossman to win the Super Bowl. No doubt he is a great regular season quarterback but give me Eli, or Big Ben any day over Peyton in the playoffs.
      "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Decker is going to destroy this year. Mark that down. 80+ catches. Get him for your fantasy team. You're welcome.

I'm done with this argument.
        Originally posted by JackFan96
        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
          I expected the 49ers to make the playoffs but to due as well as they did. Nope. I guess we can agree to disagree that SF is better than Denver. Honestly, how will Peyton react with the wind, cold and snow of Denver whereas SF will be nicer weather? His Qb Rating is 90.8 outside whereas it is 98.7 indoor. Fact of the matter is, there is simply TOO much hype going around in Denver and Peyton Manning and its starting to annoy me. Manning had Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, and Dallas Clark. Who is going to to be his go-to reciever if Thomas struggles or is double-teamed some games? Decker? Not going to cut it. Mannings career playoff record is 9-10 and not to mention in those losses the average points that Indy scored was 13.6. Come on, in his 1 Super Bowl win, he had a QB Rating of 81.8, and only had one TD along with one pick. His D had a TD as well and he had to beat Rex freakin Grossman to win the Super Bowl. No doubt he is a great regular season quarterback but give me Eli, or Big Ben any day over Peyton in the playoffs.
          I gotta to agree, the NFC west was wide open so i am not surprised 49ers got in. Just didnt know they would be 2 fumbled returns and 1 overthrown TD away from the SB. The 49ers as far as I know are not going to be losing the whole team and roster with in the next couple years. A few players will most likely come and go and baring injury are set for the next few years. Sort of like how the patriots were a few years ago you knew having brady that the patriots were always going to compete no matter who else changed on the roster. I think Harbaugh is going to develop that in SF. If I had to guess who will have better sucess I am totally leaning toward the 49ers. Most likely Archie and 96 million other reason why he thought denver was a better fit.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Decker is going to destroy this year. Mark that down. 80+ catches. Get him for your fantasy team. You're welcome.I'm done with this argument.
            I'm gonna pull the how can you know that when he hasn't finished a whole season. He doesn't even have 80 catches in his career. Gotta prove it first, him with Peyton might do it. And, Goon I totally agree with ya on this subject. Plus we all know that Archie runs the family and wanted an All-Manning Super Bowl. I wouldn't be surprised if SF offered the same amount of money as Denver if Manning would have still went to Denver. Going to be interesting how he handles the Mile High Stadium. Have you seen their schedule by the way? It's brutal
            "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

There is ZERO way of predicting the next five years for a franchise. You can think or guess, but to say that something "will" happen is ... I'm not even sure.
              Oh yeah?

Well I'll go on record (as a Redskin fan) and say for the next 5 years, the Redskins will be terrible.
              "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                Oh yeah?

Well I'll go on record (as a Redskin fan) and say for the next 5 years, the Redskins will be terrible.
                Everyone, this man is a wizard!
                “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Working...
                X