Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Manning to sign with Denver...

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
    If you think SF's wideouts are better than Denver's you're ridiculous. Of course Manningham put up decent numbers. The Giants threw it a million times and 0% defenses attempted to game plan against Manningham.

I think Manning knew more about the entire situation with each team than either of us.

Also, $$$.
    Moss will have a better season that you think and Decker is what he it is. He is a #2 WR at his very best is all. So you are telling me that Peyton wouldn't elevate the other WRs for SF and that Davis wouldn't have a career season? Peyton if he would have been on the Niners would have taken to the Super Bowl. Heck they almost made it to the SB with Alex freakin Smith as the starting QB. Broncos? Nope. Probably Archie's dream to have the Manning brothers face each other in the Super Bowl. Really that was probably main decision. Broncos probably offered the most money, but I just don't know how he will perform in the cold, windy weather of Denver. Peyton+SF=Super bowl contenders. Peyton+Denver=Playoff contenders but don't see them being as consistent SB contenders as Peyton in SF.
    "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
      Moss will have a better season that you think and Decker is what he it is. He is a #2 WR at his very best is all.
      How can you
      1) claim to know how Moss will do when he is 2 years away from a decent season
      2) say that Decker "is what he is" when he hasn't played in one full season and had Tim ****ing Tebow throwing him the football.

****ing asinine.
      Originally posted by JackFan96
      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

How can you
        2) say that Decker "is what he is" when he hasn't played in one full season and had Tim ****ing Tebow throwing him the football.

****ing asinine.
        Maybe you forgot who the QB for the 49ers was. Smith has struggled as much or more then just about every QB till last year. Peyton would have taken that team to the super easily imo. Smith flat out missed a pass that if hits would have been a TD. Even tebow can hit guys that wide open.

I guess I would take the 49ers play makers over denver. Peyton is good enough on that team to turn into a playoff team better then a 8-8 record that orton and tebow had. But if he wanted to win or get back to the superbowl he missed his chance. If he goes to 49ers they become hands down favorites to win it imo.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
          Maybe you forgot who the QB for the 49ers was. Smith has struggled as much or more then just about every QB till last year. Peyton would have taken that team to the super easily imo. Smith flat out missed a pass that if hits would have been a TD. Even tebow can hit guys that wide open.

I guess I would take the 49ers play makers over denver. Peyton is good enough on that team to turn into a playoff team better then a 8-8 record that orton and tebow had. But if he wanted to win or get back to the superbowl he missed his chance. If he goes to 49ers they become hands down favorites to win it imo.
          I'm not even arguing that the Broncos playmakers are better. I think their WRs are better and that's it. SF definitely has the edge in RBs and TEs. But if you read that article, the Broncos have the cap flexibility to put a better team around Manning for more than 1 year. If it was just a one year thing, then yeah, the 9ers are probably a better fit. But Peyton wants to play for 4 or 5 more years and the Broncos have a better chance at succeeding long term with how their team and salaries are structured.

And if we go just on last year, Alex Smith >>>>>>>> Tim Tebow.

And all of that is dismissing what offense they would run. I'm guessing Denver told Manning they could run whatever he wants, while the 9ers and Harbaugh were probably not as open to revamping an entire system. Denver changed everything for Tebow so there's no doubt that they could change everything for Manning. When you weigh all of that together and add the money to it (probably the most important factor) then I think it's a really good fit.

Comment

How can you

****ing asinine.
            I didn't say Moss would be a Pro Bowler, I would consider a 400-500+ yards successful for Moss, if Crabtree stays healthy and VDavis has a big year, thats all they need from him. The threat of a deep ball, and some production and TD catches in the red zone. How is Decker a #1 or even resembles a #1? He is a #2 at best. If Decker is your #1 or go-to option, you might want to get another WR. Ya Tim Tebow was throwing him the ball, but that doesn't mean that Decker is a #1 or even resembles a #1.

You said that their playmakers aren't that much different, only difference was that they had Tim freakin Tebow throwing to them. Well Smith wasn't exactly that good until this year when Harbaugh came in. Peyton could have a solid 3 maybe even 4 year Super Bowl contention run with the 49ers. Broncos, not so sure what the ceiling is with that team, or if that current roster can even make it to a Super Bowl. Fact is, with 49ers total playmakers combined with their defense and coach, they would be a better team to play on than say Broncos. I hope Tebow goes somewhere else and lights it up, so I don't have to hear about how Tebow is terrible and shouldn't even be in the league. I'll take wins over stats all day any day. Just like Al Davis said, "Just win, baby!!"

Last but not least, all I can say is #FreeTebow. And like Skip Bayless said, "Give me Tim Tebow, you can have current Jax QBs Blaine Gabbert and Chad Henne, and I'll beat you every time." Reports where going out that Peyton/Archie didn't want Peyton in the NFC in hopes of him and Eli meeting each in the Super Bowl. Probably one of the main decisions if not the most important decision. Would Archie really want them to have to play in the playoffs or the Super Bowl...

Comment

I didn't say Moss would be a Pro Bowler, I would consider a 400-500+ yards successful for Moss, if Crabtree stays healthy and VDavis has a big year, thats all they need from him. The threat of a deep ball, and some production and TD catches in the red zone. How is Decker a #1 or even resembles a #1? He is a #2 at best. If Decker is your #1 or go-to option, you might want to get another WR. Ya Tim Tebow was throwing him the ball, but that doesn't mean that Decker is a #1 or even resembles a #1.

You said that their playmakers aren't that much different, only difference was that they had Tim freakin Tebow throwing to them. Well Smith wasn't exactly that good until this year when Harbaugh came in. Peyton could have a solid 3 maybe even 4 year Super Bowl contention run with the 49ers. Broncos, not so sure what the ceiling is with that team, or if that current roster can even make it to a Super Bowl. Fact is, with 49ers total playmakers combined with their defense and coach, they would be a better team to play on than say Broncos. I hope Tebow goes somewhere else and lights it up, so I don't have to hear about how Tebow is terrible and shouldn't even be in the league. I'll take wins over stats all day any day. Just like Al Davis said, "Just win, baby!!"

Last but not least, all I can say is #FreeTebow. And like Skip Bayless said, "Give me Tim Tebow, you can have current Jax QBs Blaine Gabbert and Chad Henne, and I'll beat you every time." Reports where going out that Peyton/Archie didn't want Peyton in the NFC in hopes of him and Eli meeting each in the Super Bowl. Probably one of the main decisions if not the most important decision. Would Archie really want them to have to play in the playoffs or the Super Bowl...
              I'm not even arguing that the Broncos playmakers are better. I think their WRs are better and that's it. SF definitely has the edge in RBs and TEs. But if you read that article, the Broncos have the cap flexibility to put a better team around Manning for more than 1 year. If it was just a one year thing, then yeah, the 9ers are probably a better fit. But Peyton wants to play for 4 or 5 more years and the Broncos have a better chance at succeeding long term with how their team and salaries are structured.

And all of that is dismissing what offense they would run. I'm guessing Denver told Manning they could run whatever he wants, while the 9ers and Harbaugh were probably not as open to revamping an entire system. Denver changed everything for Tebow so there's no doubt that they could change everything for Manning. When you weigh all of that together and add the money to it (probably the most important factor) then I think it's a really good fit.

Comment

Next 5 years. San fran does better the denver most every year. Make playoffs more and have better chances to get to sb.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Next 5 years. San fran does better the denver most every year. Make playoffs more and have better chances to get to sb.
                  Agreed. SF has the talent to win now. Heck they should have beat the Giants this year if not for Williams coughing up the ball. Denver does not have the overall talent and talent across the board from 1-53 to compete with SF. It's been well stated Archie and Peyton didn't want Peyton to be on a NFC team because of Eli with the hope of having a Manning Brothers Super Bowl

Comment

Error.

Year, San Francisco wins, Denver wins
                    2011, 13, 8
                    2010, 6, 4
                    2009, 8, 8
                    2008, 7, 8
                    2007, 5, 7
                    2006, 7, 9
                    2005, 4, 13
                    2004, 2, 10
                    2003, 7, 10
                    2002, 10, 9
                    2001, 12, 8
                    2000, 6, 11

Totals, since 2000:
                    San Francisco: 87, 7.25 wins per year
                    Denver: 105, 8,75 wins per year.

The fact is that since the merger, both franchises are among the NFL's most successful. Both hit dry spells in the 2000's. San Francisco's dry spell was deeper and lasted longer.
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                      Error.

Year, San Francisco wins, Denver wins
                      2011, 13, 8
                      2010, 6, 4
                      2009, 8, 8
                      2008, 7, 8
                      2007, 5, 7
                      2006, 7, 9
                      2005, 4, 13
                      2004, 2, 10
                      2003, 7, 10
                      2002, 10, 9
                      2001, 12, 8
                      2000, 6, 11

Totals, since 2000:
                      San Francisco: 87, 7.25 wins per year
                      Denver: 105, 8,75 wins per year.

The fact is that since the merger, both franchises are among the NFL's most successful. Both hit dry spells in the 2000's. San Francisco's dry spell was deeper and lasted longer.
                      I totally said that wrong. I meant to say that the next 5 years SF will be more successful and do better then Denver. I am well aware of the 49ers struggles as a fan its been rough for a once proud organization, but I think the next 5 years they will do better then Denver. Ouch those are some bad years frankly for both teams.

Comment

There is ZERO way of predicting the next five years for a franchise. You can think or guess, but to say that something "will" happen is ... I'm not even sure.

Comment

There is ZERO way of predicting the next five years for a franchise. You can think or guess, but to say that something "will" happen is ... I'm not even sure.

Is Ludicrous?

Comment

5 not so much. 3 years you can, if they didn't have an incredibly easy schedule and have the coaches, key players and overall depth with some young players combined with some veterans. All injuries aside of course. I just don't see how you can look at Denver and SF and say that Peyton with Denver is better than Peyton with SF. Btw you can no longer bash Colin Cowherd as you are stating the exact SAME reasons why Peyton to Denver is a good fit.

Comment

5 not so much. 3 years you can
                              No, you still can't. The NFL has too much volatility. How many people predicted the 49ers to do well this last year?

And my argument isn't that Denver is a better place, just that the 49ers aren't that much better.

Comment

No, you still can't. The NFL has too much volatility. How many people predicted the 49ers to do well this last year?
                                Or that Denver, for crying out loud, would win the AFC West? NOBODY saw that coming.
                                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                                X