Minnesota Twins Thread (2012)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota Twins Thread (2012)

Offered without comment: http://www.freep.com/article/2012042...-New-York-City
    Originally posted by JackFan96
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

What an idiot.
      I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
        I know what the article is without even clicking. He's a real winner, that is for sure.
        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Who was the guy who donkey kicked the catch and threw his bat at the pitcher?

I noticed the article on espn talking about delmon still had him in a twins cap. The twins trade for him was probably one of the worst trades ever in the history of sports. or atleast of Twins trades, the worst ever. If not, it ranks up there. I got to agree, glad he is gone. Just wish the would have kept kubel or Cuddyer. Glad they both found good fits for themselves.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
            So the Twins are 2-7 with the next 10 games against the Yankees, Rays and Red Sox.

I could easily see them being 5-14 after this road trip.

It could be another very long year as a Twins fan.
            Sometimes it sucks to be right.

Going to be a long summer for the Twins, their pitching staff is HORRIBLE.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
              Sometimes it sucks to be right.

Going to be a long summer for the Twins, their pitching staff is HORRIBLE.
              Probably one of the worst if not the worst rotation in baeball. 3 guys who have had sucsess before are shells of their former selves. Liranio, pavano and marquis.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                Probably one of the worst if not the worst rotation in baeball. 3 guys who have had sucsess before are shells of their former selves. Liranio, pavano and marquis.
                Two of those dudes are in their 30s and Jason Marquis has been average to below average his entire career in the NL. Liriano... I don't even know what to say. Hopefully he can turn it around so they can trade him.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                  Two of those dudes are in their 30s and Jason Marquis has been average to below average his entire career in the NL. Liriano... I don't even know what to say. Hopefully he can turn it around so they can trade him.
                  Seriously Liriano hasnt been the same since he had Tommy John. I still have the jury out about Marqius, he's from New York but it's still early. However, their bullpen and starting pitching is the worst I've seen.
                  "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
                    Seriously Liriano hasnt been the same since he had Tommy John. I still have the jury out about Marqius, he's from New York but it's still early. However, their bullpen and starting pitching is the worst I've seen.
                    Starting pitching is definitely the worst.
                    Great moments are born from great opportunities.
                    ---Herb Brooks

Comment

Doesn't look like I missed anything while I was gone considering I was the last person to post here.
                      Great moments are born from great opportunities.
                      ---Herb Brooks

Comment

Originally posted by Madi V:)Mitchell View Post
                        Doesn't look like I missed anything while I was gone considering I was the last person to post here.
                        Well the Twins started to follow rule number 2 in life. And for those of you who dont remember or know the 3 rules of life, here they are.

1. Don't suck.
                        2 If you suck, suck less.
                        3. MORE COWBELL.

The Twins, they are sucking less.

Comment

The Twins, they are sucking less.
                          Yet they still have the worst record in the AL. Twins baseball!

Comment

I got the Twins game on WNAX right now. Twins lose 9-1 to Pittsburgh Pirates, the low payroll member of the NL
                            It beats having to listen to a screaming Mark Levin. Oh No, the screamer is on the air as the Twins announceer just finished their spin job

Comment

Looking at payroll is not fair way to judge a team. Its silly to think that they are not playing better. They just have no pitching what so ever.

Comment

Looking at payroll is not fair way to judge a team. Its silly to think that they are not playing better. They just have no pitching what so ever.
                                Oh I think it is, as with a low dollar payroll, you either have "has beens" or a bunch of young rookies. The Pirates have had mostly rookies who have ended up somewhere else making more money. I have not pay that much attentions to payrolls for a few years. I just threw the payroll comment out there as I can't imagine things have changed much in Pittsburg in terms of dollars, nor elsewhere in the major leagues. Every franchise is dollar driven in terms of goals, and they often do that with dollar driven payrolls. I have not been to a major league game in years, but the last I attended I was awed with the price of concessions, just one of the many ways of meeting the payroll.

I really don't know what the Twins problem is about. I just thought since they took good care of my Cubs, I thought they should be able to handle the Pirates. Its another day.
                                Last edited by Nidaros; 06-22-2012, 07:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X