Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jeremy Lin?

I wrote this (on my personal blog) a week or so ago:

I am already tired of Jeremy Lin. The cyclical, 24/7 nature of the internet kills the enjoyment of stories so fast it is ridiculous. It also doesn’t help that ESPN beats all stories into the ground. Last week, I clicked on any link that offered up a story about Lin. Now, I am becoming (more) bored just writing this paragraph. I think the lesson is that I spend too much time doing stupid **** on the internet and I should spend more time doing homework and reading books.

Similar to the Lin point above, I think the internet is ruining my enjoyment of every major event. I don’t think I would have enjoyed the Grammy’s at all anyway, but they are 10x more annoying with people consistently trying to out-snark each other on Twitter. I didn’t even watch them but was annoyed by them. Again, I could rectify this by not using the internet so much, but I have an addiction. Also, with everyone always trying to be funny, I very rarely laugh at stuff I read anymore. Something has to be very clever or just brutally inappropriate for it to even register. I’m sure that is some type of comment on our society, but whatever. Sometimes it’s annoying that this is how things are but it’s not going away. The enjoyment to annoyance level of Twitter is much higher than Facebook so I can’t complain too much.

I was just rambling and wasn't trying to make a point other than attempting to express my own annoyance. Today I read a piece on Jeremy Lin that I actually enjoyed because it deals with the internet's affect on how we view stories. It's a pretty interesting read:

Leave Jeremy Lin Alone: The perils of flash stardom in the Internet age.

The Accelerated Age has taken the phenomenon out of the phenomenon of being a phenomenon. It used to have some build to it. It used to take a while. ... Now, anything great that happens suddenly becomes so freighted with instant significance that the essential parts of it that are not crushed entirely are simply buried.
    Originally posted by JackFan96
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Re: Jeremy Lin?

On another note daniel tosh made refrence to tebow and lin......he noted they are similar except for lin is actually a good QB.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
      X