Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jeremy Lin?

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
    Like the commercial that he chose to make for the Super Bowl? OK.

But I just don't find similarity between them. Lin seems to be a better PG than Tebow is a QB. And Tebow was DEFINITELY talked about before the season started. I definitely remember hearing stories about a QB controversy in Denver before the season even started.

I don't think the comparison holds any water other than the media loved both players. Tebow-mania and Lin-sanity. That is the only commonality that I can see.
    Saying he was glad his mom choice life, not sure how that is in your face. If your uneasy about religious stuff thats your probablem, but Tebow is going out of his way to tell you what you should or shouldnt believe.

The media pushed the tebow pre season stuff. The team didnt. It was settled early that tebow would sit the bench. When I look at both early in their career I see more similarities then differences. Tebow rarely turns the ball over, Lin does a lot, Tebow doesnt score much but Lin does. Both are humble, have very strong religious and family values and but win. and do so in impressive fashion. Sounds similar to me.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
      I wasn't knocking it, I just thought it was interesting. Nor was I comparing SDSU in any way shape or form to Harvard, "605" already tries to take that honor......
      I really did not take that as a knock, but as many good players that have played for SDSU, they just have not had the interest or maybe the talent to do a brutal NBA season from start to finish. South Dakota native, Mike Miller is an exception and no doubt his career has been dollar driven, but seems to content to compete until his body gives out.

Comment

I don't want to get into the religion stuff. There's a reason that it get's brought up with one player and not the other.

Originally posted by goon View Post
        The media pushed the tebow pre season stuff. The team didnt. It was settled early that tebow would sit the bench.
        Yes, the media pushed it. Here's what you wrote:

good stories that were not major headlines starting the year
        Headlines = media. I'm not sure what you're trying to argue.

You find similarities because you look for similarities. They are vastly different stories. Calling Tebow an underdog when he is a first round draft pick that a team invested millions of dollars in is bizarre. He is a physical specimen that hasn't been an underdog in his life despite what his stupid commercial will tell you.

I'm not even sure why we're talking about Tebow in this thread. Actually I am: you brought it up and I responded and neither of us let it go.

I will be the bigger man and say that I Lin the argument and you lose. (See what I did there?)
        Originally posted by JackFan96
        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

I don't want to get into the religion stuff. There's a reason that it get's brought up with one player and not the other.

Yes, the media pushed it. Here's what you wrote:

Headlines = media. I'm not sure what you're trying to argue.

You find similarities because you look for similarities. They are vastly different stories. Calling Tebow an underdog when he is a first round draft pick that a team invested millions of dollars in is bizarre. He is a physical specimen that hasn't been an underdog in his life despite what his stupid commercial will tell you.

I'm not even sure why we're talking about Tebow in this thread. Actually I am: you brought it up and I responded and neither of us let it go.

I will be the bigger man and say that I Lin the argument and you lose. (See what I did there?)

Just because you don’t want to see the similarities, doesn’t mean that they don't exist. So you will disagree that both are religious in their beliefs? You will disagree that both, once they got the start, have won making impressive plays but playing team ball? I didn’t think we were arguing, I was just showing my point not sure why you wanted to argue about it anways. If someone doesn’t like Tebow that is fine, but there are plenty of similarities to their story and the hype surrounding both of them. Lin has 2 superstars now to play with. Tebow didn’t, It will be interesting how Lin finishes the year and what NY does if it makes the playoffs. If they do the similarities continue.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Just because you don’t want to see the similarities, doesn’t mean that they don't exist. So you will disagree that both are religious in their beliefs? You will disagree that both, once they got the start, have won making impressive plays but playing team ball? I didn’t think we were arguing, I was just showing my point not sure why you wanted to argue about it anways. If someone doesn’t like Tebow that is fine, but there are plenty of similarities to their story and the hype surrounding both of them. Lin has 2 superstars now to play with. Tebow didn’t, It will be interesting how Lin finishes the year and what NY does if it makes the playoffs. If they do the similarities continue.
            Okay.

Comment

I guess in interviews he has made is own comparisons to tebow even, so thats not just my thoughts. He probably wont make the all star game either. Think he has done enough even in just a week to qualify for the futures game.

Comment

I guess in interviews he has made is own comparisons to tebow even, so thats not just my thoughts. He probably wont make the all star game either. Think he has done enough even in just a week to qualify for the futures game.
                I heard on ESPN radio today all star voting was already done. If voting were done today, I'm sure he would be a starter.
                “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                  I heard on ESPN radio today all star voting was already done. If voting were done today, I'm sure he would be a starter.
                  Looks like DRose won't be starting in All-Star Game after this year. And he is not in the futures game but of course ESPN had to report that he will be throwing to Shumpert in the dunk contest.
                  "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Read this today. Better comparison to Lin than Tebow is Kurt Warner. I absolutely agree.

Comment

Read this today. Better comparison to Lin than Tebow is Kurt Warner. I absolutely agree.
                      Thats a pretty darn good comparison. Unheralded recruit out of high school, and went undrafted, cut by a professional team

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
                        Looks like DRose won't be starting in All-Star Game after this year. And he is not in the futures game but of course ESPN had to report that he will be throwing to Shumpert in the dunk contest.
                        He has been named to the rising stars game (rookies and 2nd year players), not sure if that is the same thing.
                        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                          He has been named to the rising stars game (rookies and 2nd year players), not sure if that is the same thing.
                          Saw that. Was added last minute. Stern said only a few days ago he wouldn't be. Prolly did for all the China and Taiwan viewers.

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
                            Saw that. Was added last minute. Stern said only a few days ago he wouldn't be. Prolly did for all the China and Taiwan viewers.
                            Or he realized how messed up this season is and to name those teams so early on was crazy plus it will keep generating more headlines and news stories so probably did it just for the exposure, because honestly I probably wouldnt watch or pay attention to the all star game but im much more inclined to see how Lin is linning.

Comment

Did anybody see or here what the espn comments were about lin that they got in trouble for?

Comment

Did anybody see or here what the espn comments were about lin that they got in trouble for?
                                ABC News had a story about Lin and his travels to China to the home of his grandmother. He is quite popular in China, except the govt in China does not endorse the religous part of Lin so the story mentioned. I doubt his religion will ever be a international issue, but he is free to express and practice it in the USA. In China? Not so sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X