Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tebow

Originally posted by boxerboy View Post
    As I read your response I couldn't help but chuckle again at what Zooropa, correctly stated.
    Sad day
    Originally posted by JackFan96
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
      You post articles cleary baised against tebow and say it is thought provoking but a artical showing the good things he does and its going to affect your sanity. I am noy sure why you are so affraid of like tebow. But I was right. Haters gotta hate. Just like all of nates haters.
      I think Tebow exposes people as they truly are,simply by being good,,,,,,hymmmm! Make sense?

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
        Well my post was posted in jest. And I have nothing really against Tim Tebow (other than I don't think he's a very good QB), just the media coverage of Tim Tebow. I thought I made that fairly clear.

And by media, I mostly mean ESPN.

This is really annoying.

I think in another thread I compared the Tebow coverage to the Brett Favre Will-He-Retire-Or-Won't-He-Retire media coverage, but that annoyed me just as much, and I disliked Favre just as much, if not more.
        HA! To my point, here is a post of mine from 2009 in the Brett Favre thread.

I can't watch a Vikings game unless it's on mute. The way announcers/ESPN slurps him is ridiculous. I don't know who I dislike more, Favre or Tebow. It's a toss-up.
        Really, really OT, but here's why I don't like Tebow. I guess it's not Tebow's fault at all, but I still blame him

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQ5SV...layer_embedded
        (To be fair, in that thread I also said I didn't think Tebow would be an NFL quarterback which has been proven very wrong.)

ESPN's over-coverage of anyone will cause me to dislike them automatically. LeBron is my least favorite basketball player.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
          I think Tebow exposes people as they truly are,simply by being good,,,,,,hymmmm! Make sense?
          That is very ridiculous and does not make sense.

Comment

That is very ridiculous and does not make sense.
            Glad to hear it.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
              Glad to hear it.
              Care to explain how Tim Tebow 'exposes people as they truly are'?

Comment

I'll be cheering for Tebow today, I don't know about the rest of you guys.
                "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

well,what do people really hate Tebow for, just his notoriety he's aquired?It goes much deeper than that with some people.That's why i said... "glad to hear it"This is actually a tribute to you,that you're not that shallow of a person.Unless, of course you don't really mean "that is very ridiculous and does not make sense" in reference to "tebow exposes people as they truly are" quote.So ,which is it?This is turning into a stupid battle of wits,which i didn't intend.Maybe my comments are sometimes a little too thought provoking.....sorry.
                  Last edited by jackdaniel; 01-14-2012, 12:54 PM.

Comment

Well my post was posted in jest. And I have nothing really against Tim Tebow (other than I don't think he's a very good QB), just the media coverage of Tim Tebow. I thought I made that fairly clear.

And by media, I mostly mean ESPN.

This is really annoying.

I think in another thread I compared the Tebow coverage to the Brett Favre Will-He-Retire-Or-Won't-He-Retire media coverage, but that annoyed me just as much, and I disliked Favre just as much, if not more.
                    I agree, it is over the top. It is interesting so many members of the media complain about too much Tebow coverage, (and I agree with them) yet they keep on talking about him. I may be wrong but I don't think Tebow has asked for this kind of coverage. The media started this fall/summer, (Rick Reilly) complaining that Tebow was probably going to start for Denver, and that he was clearly an inferior QB to Orton. Now they have to continually put him down because Denver, at least for awhile kept winning. At least R.R. wrote something nice about the kid. I like what Tebow does off the field, I said much much earlier on this forum that I think he will be a pretty good QB in five years and I will stick with that. I also think NE wins going away today but I also thought Pittsburgh PA. would win too.

Comment

Originally posted by boxerboy View Post
                      I agree, it is over the top. It is interesting so many members of the media complain about too much Tebow coverage, (and I agree with them) yet they keep on talking about him.
                      They did the same thing with Favre. And I agree, it's not Tebow's fault, but he does end up bearing some of the brunt.

And obviously some people don't like him because he's so open with his religion. They have a right to not like him for that just like he has a right to be open with it. Yay America.

Comment

They did the same thing with Favre. And I agree, it's not Tebow's fault, but he does end up bearing some of the brunt.

And obviously some people don't like him because he's so open with his religion. They have a right to not like him for that just like he has a right to be open with it. Yay America.
                        I see where you are coming from with the fact that they have the right not to like him just as he has the right to be open with it, but, I do think that it is almost an "inderect" form of discrimination. That's just like saying I don't want Obama to be president because he is black. (just an example, I really could care less if our president was black or white)
                        Great moments are born from great opportunities.
                        ---Herb Brooks

Comment

There is a difference between discriminating against someone and not liking someone.

Comment

I couldn't find another word. I think you knew what I meant.
                            Great moments are born from great opportunities.
                            ---Herb Brooks

Comment

Originally posted by Madi V:)Mitchell View Post
                              I couldn't find another word. I think you knew what I meant.
                              Sure. But there's nothing illegal about not liking someone, even if the reason is ridiculous. Discrimination in most cases is illegal.

Comment

agreeing to how the media hypes someone. watch NBC Sports hockey coverage of Pittsburgh, it becomes the Nothing But Crosby network, good hockey player but I don't like him, the over coverage of Tiger Woods, great golfer but I don't like him. the Dallas Cowboys, Americas Team. don't like them. that stupid Geico squealling pig, hate him. the New York overhyped Yankees, dont like. even Justin Verlander I'm starting to get sick of. any overhyped Hollywood star, don't like. no one is that important and rates the coverage that they get especially sports stars and Hollywood stars. if its so important to have bigger than life heros in this world than pick a veteran with a purple heart,

Comment

Working...
                                X