Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tebow

Originally posted by goon View Post
    I am guessing you are being sarcastic because frankly Barkely is tirrble. Haha, get it. bvd#cd.
    Terrible assumption. Barkley is the best in the business. He is what Bayless attempts to be.
    Originally posted by JackFan96
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Here's my take on things, not that anyone cares. I think the Bronco's most likely will get routed, but they honestly do have a chance.....unfortunately they would have to play a perfect game to do it. In the last game against New England, with 11 minutes left in the first half the Bronco's had 170 yards rushing, a 17-6 lead and New England only had 2 possessions of the ball. That right there is the formula of the game.....reduce their possessions and take advantage of a porous run defense. What happened next was 3 straight turnovers, numerous pass attempts and an absolute blow out.

What happened to their defense the last 3 games of the season, was that they went away from Tebow running and focused more on trying to make him a prototypical passing quarterback. This meant more turnovers, worse field position and ultimately more possessions for the other team. While the defense did play badly, they were also put in a worse position those three games......oh yeah and Von Miller being hurt doesn't help either.

The other thing about their runnning game the last few games, is that it became more predictable with handoffs to McGahee. Early on there was more options, more direct snaps and just plain more diversity in the running game. While teams did start stacking the box more to defend the running game, the Bronco's did start going more to a passing offense to see what Tebow has....or hasn't.

I think the Bronc's are in a quandry in this game. They can either pass and find out if he is the quarterback of the future or they can run him and try to have a better shot at being competitive. Not sure what the right answer is.

Comment

Originally posted by NebraskaJack View Post
        Here's my take on things, not that anyone cares. I think the Bronco's most likely will get routed, but they honestly do have a chance.....unfortunately they would have to play a perfect game to do it. In the last game against New England, with 11 minutes left in the first half the Bronco's had 170 yards rushing, a 17-6 lead and New England only had 2 possessions of the ball. That right there is the formula of the game.....reduce their possessions and take advantage of a porous run defense. What happened next was 3 straight turnovers, numerous pass attempts and an absolute blow out.

What happened to their defense the last 3 games of the season, was that they went away from Tebow running and focused more on trying to make him a prototypical passing quarterback. This meant more turnovers, worse field position and ultimately more possessions for the other team. While the defense did play badly, they were also put in a worse position those three games......oh yeah and Von Miller being hurt doesn't help either.

The other thing about their runnning game the last few games, is that it became more predictable with handoffs to McGahee. Early on there was more options, more direct snaps and just plain more diversity in the running game. While teams did start stacking the box more to defend the running game, the Bronco's did start going more to a passing offense to see what Tebow has....or hasn't.

I think the Bronc's are in a quandry in this game. They can either pass and find out if he is the quarterback of the future or they can run him and try to have a better shot at being competitive. Not sure what the right answer is.
        Best answer would be to run run pass deep. They mostly did that against pittsburgh as they ran in 23 of 24 first downs before overtime. Against Minny he threw it pretty well in the second half as well. He throws a good deep ball.
        "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

The patriots are probably the team that will be smart enough to keep a safety back so they dont get beat trying to stuff the run. I think if they run the option with tebow, get the defense to adjust to his ability to run and he will find enough passing seems for his wounded duck passes to get WR the ball for some big gains. If they can control the run, and frankly get some pressure on Brady for a TO or 2 I think they can win. If they dont do those things they lose badly.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
            Terrible assumption. Barkley is the best in the business. He is what Bayless attempts to be.
            I am not a fan of his, but I guess my opinion doesnt count. Honestly I don't watch NBA, frankly I think its boring and overrated with selfish players and boring story lines to follow. Pretty much the biggest story in the NBA is how James checks out in the 4th qtr, or how some superstar on a team wants a trade because they are not happy.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

I am not a fan of his, but I guess my opinion doesnt count. Honestly I don't watch NBA, frankly I think its boring and overrated with selfish players and boring story lines to follow. Pretty much the biggest story in the NBA is how James checks out in the 4th qtr, or how some superstar on a team wants a trade because they are not happy.
              That Lebron 4th qtr thing is overblown. He has 30pts 8rb 7.6ast a game. Every game they lose it shouldnt be brought it simply for the fact of LeBron because Chalmers does get great looks and lebron isnt going to force it unlike some other players. Fact is he on MVP pace right now.
              "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/7...ving-tim-tebow

read this, I am sure the haters will still hate and Barkley will still complain but I would love if pro sports had more Tebows in it. Maybe then I would care about pro sports more then just MLB and tennis.

Comment

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/7...ving-tim-tebow

read this, I am sure the haters will still hate and Barkley will still complain but I would love if pro sports had more Tebows in it. Maybe then I would care about pro sports more then just MLB and tennis.
                  Loved the story. Tebow has been given a platform, and thusfar, he sure has used it well, and I'm sure he will continue to do so for quite a while!
                  "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Rick Riley and Tim Tebow! 2 of my least favorite people in the world. I will NOT read this article for my own sanity.

Comment

Rick Riley and Tim Tebow! 2 of my least favorite people in the world. I will NOT read this article for my own sanity.
                      As I read your response I couldn't help but chuckle again at what Zooropa, correctly stated.

Comment

Originally posted by boxerboy View Post
                        As I read your response I couldn't help but chuckle again at what Zooropa, correctly stated.
                        I went about 4 pages on this thread and found no "what Zooropa correctly stated" posts. The only thing he has said is in RO 's signature. "You are still a jackass." I dont think he aimed that comment towards Tim Tebow. Please enlighten what Zoo said.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                          I went about 4 pages on this thread and found no "what Zooropa correctly stated" posts. The only thing he has said is in RO 's signature. "You are still a jackass." I dont think he aimed that comment towards Tim Tebow. Please enlighten what Zoo said.
                          That was my point, and no, Zooropa's comment was not meant for Tebow, I thought it was pretty obvious who it was meant for.

Comment

Originally posted by boxerboy View Post
                            That was my point, and no, Zooropa's comment was not meant for Tebow, I thought it was pretty obvious who it was meant for.
                            Okay. I am surprised this thread has went 6 pages, with no arguements settled. There are those who are offended by Tim Tebow on the field display and those who praise him for his convictions. I really dont know where I stand. I beleive there are 7 or 8 evengelical channels in most cable/dish packages, and I yet to see Tim appear on any of them. I suppose appearing there is like preaching to the choir and the viewers do not match a CBS NFL game in numbers. I going to say his ad about abortion got him off on the wrong foot with a number of folks, myself included, but since that time his intentional witnessing seems to be working. Not a problem, no more than Randy Moss handing the caught football to his mother in some of the Viking games.

Comment

You post articles cleary baised against tebow and say it is thought provoking but a artical showing the good things he does and its going to affect your sanity. I am noy sure why you are so affraid of like tebow. But I was right. Haters gotta hate. Just like all of nates haters.

Comment

You post articles cleary baised against tebow and say it is thought provoking but a artical showing the good things he does and its going to affect your sanity. I am noy sure why you are so affraid of like tebow. But I was right. Haters gotta hate. Just like all of nates haters.
                                Well my post was posted in jest. And I have nothing really against Tim Tebow (other than I don't think he's a very good QB), just the media coverage of Tim Tebow. I thought I made that fairly clear.

And by media, I mostly mean ESPN.

This is really annoying.

I think in another thread I compared the Tebow coverage to the Brett Favre Will-He-Retire-Or-Won't-He-Retire media coverage, but that annoyed me just as much, and I disliked Favre just as much, if not more.

Comment

Working...
                                X