Tebowing Draws Suspensions in High School

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tebowing Draws Suspensions in High School

I disagree with that on all levels. The point of the game is to have fun, and yes win, but have fun and develop friendships. I believe you are friends on AND off the court.
    Great moments are born from great opportunities.
    ---Herb Brooks

Comment

Originally posted by Madi V:)Mitchell View Post
      I disagree with that on all levels. The point of the game is to have fun, and yes win, but have fun and develop friendships. I believe you are friends on AND off the court.
      Rep pts for this.

Comment

If I was faced with either leaving him there or picking him up, I would pick him up. Tell me what you think after watching this.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODqjUqW3c0U
        Great moments are born from great opportunities.
        ---Herb Brooks

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
          hasn't Political Correctness been carried a little to far. It's getting to the point where every word is going to become a letter word. F-word, R-word, N-word. making any expression of religion is a no-no, unless its Islam. the House of Representatives can't even say Merry Christmas or Happy New Year in franked mail http://campaign2012.washingtonexamin...as-mail/261466. little kids being suspended for kicking bullies in the cajones to keep from being beat up. teachers taking "now we don our gay apparal (sic)" out of the song and replacing it with something like festive apparal. I for one am sick of it and see no good from it. When I played sports in the 70's coaches would do things like give your butt a kick into the line to make you block better, put on a helmet and run into the line to get you to tackle, things that would get them fired now. Now its don't offend anyone. Everyone has their opinion and this is mine
          The editorial you cite is stretching the point of the congressional ruling. No holiday greetings can be sent for free. And if you think about it, that's a good rule. I don't want those bums in Congress sending out advertising for free. If they want to send me a Christmas card (I received two from DC this year--postage paid) their campaigns can pay for the stamp.

When was an exception made for Islam? When was a little kid suspended for kicking bullies as you state? I try to track down such claims before they become institutionalized in what we call urban legends (several sites on the legends, including the well-known snopes.com).

Branding everything on which one disagrees as "political correctness run amok" is an invitation to miss an honest discussion on real issues. You want your congressional delegation sending out what is nothing more than a "ad" on our dime? That would really tick me off and I hope it would tick off most taxpayers.

By, the way, I think the mimicking of Tebow is hilarious. While the kid interviewed by ESPN said he was doing that to honor T-bow, watch the video. They're blocking the hallway and one of their buddies is filming it. The guy on the right is giggling before he strikes the pose. I loved it when the SDSU student at the basketball game a week or so ago struck the pose after making the Cubby's Half-time Free Throw for the $25 gift certificate. If you dig into the story, the suspensions did not occur due to any religion-based reason.
          Last edited by JackJD; 12-18-2011, 01:08 PM.

Comment

Followup on the high school students getting a one-day suspension for "honoring" Tim Tebow. I pulled some information including quotes from one of the involved high schoolers, from a New York CBS TV affiliate's website,

“This all started on Monday. Me, my brother and a couple of our friends decided we would Tebow in the hallway to show respect to Tim Tebow. We did it the one period. The next day, Tuesday, more people … they saw us doing it again, so they started doing it on their own. And Wednesday even more people started doing it,” Connor Carroll said.

Now, not saying the school's principal handled this correctly (I agree with RabbitNation in his first post: suspension seems pretty extreme) but my point is these kids "honoring" Tebow is a bunch of B.S. They're being wise guys and it was catching on with more and more people doing it in the hallways.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2011/12/...-for-tebowing/

Showing respect for Tim Tebow. Yeah, right. When I was in high school, I had buddies just like that and I probably would have been right in the middle of it and would have been suspended right with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Madi V:)Mitchell View Post
              If I was faced with either leaving him there or picking him up, I would pick him up. Tell me what you think after watching this.
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODqjUqW3c0U
              Good video.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                I will just say that Al Michaels' sermon on celebrations that he delivered at halftime of a Sunday Night Football game a couple of weeks ago was one of the most disgusting things I have ever seen on television, and I am an avid Jersey Shore watcher. He used NFL celebrations as an indicator of the erosion of our society. Just absolutely sanctimonious.
                To clarify, that was Bob Costas who criticized halftime celebrations, not Al Michaels. Carry on.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnJack View Post
                  To clarify, that was Bob Costas who criticized halftime celebrations, not Al Michaels. Carry on.
                  All old white people look the same to me. But yes, you are correct.
                  Originally posted by JackFan96
                  Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Someday, RO, youll be an old white people and wont think its old anymore.
                    Last edited by mitchellrabbit; 12-20-2011, 01:54 PM.

Comment

Charles Barkley is that you?
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                        Someday, RO, youll be an old white people and wont think its old anymore. : )
                        Ugh I know. I'm dreading it already.
                        Originally posted by JackFan96
                        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                          Charles Barkley is that you?
                          I did not know you had that kind of humor in you Goon. Gave rep pts.

Comment

Ugh I know. I'm dreading it already.
                            Nothing to dread. You get married, have kids, they have kids, then youre old. Thats where im at in my life and enjoying grandkids. Just enjoy life no matter what age.

Comment

Isn't that racisit?
                              You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post
                                Isn't that racisit?
                                Daniel tosh said its not racisim if its true.
                                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                                X