Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: world series

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
    Where would I find a Cubs Wheatie box other than from the choke years like 1969? 1987 was just yesterday in my mind. The box has little value.
    Not to me! 24 years ago is a long time for me...that was a decade before I was born.
    Great moments are born from great opportunities.
    ---Herb Brooks

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
      Absolutely NOT. Was it a good game? Yes. Best game ever? No, hell it's not even the best game 6 ever. The dramatic finish will overshadow how sloppy of a baseball game it was earlier. Five errors in game 6 of the world series is not good, at all. I will argue this until I'm blue in the face.

I'll talk the 91 game 6 over this one (not as sloppy, still dramatic finish). Game 7 of the 91 series is the best world series game ever.

Also, Joe Buck, go F yourself for stealing your dad's line.
      Don't know why, but I was catching up on some old threads and felt the need to comment here. I agree completely with Mitchellrabbit, you calling out (and even more saying F you) Joe Buck for using his late father's call is crazy. It's his dad's line and it was a cool moment for him/his family as a tribute to his father. Whether you think he is a terrible announcer living off his last name shouldn't even matter. You saying that he can't/shouldn't have done it (even on a message board that means very little) is just immature. I'm not a fan of Joe Buck as an announcer, but that call/moment was great.

Even Matt Zimmer, who doesn't shy away from stirring up controversy/speaking his mind and has stated his disgust for Joe Buck publically, chimed in on the topic with a tip of the hat to Joe. http://mattyzimmer.tumblr.com/post/1...-week-that-was

Also, kudos to Joe Buck for a well-timed (if not terribly well-exectued) tribute to his dad with the call on Game 6. If you’re one of the people calling Joe Buck names for daring to use Jack’s “We’ll see you tomorrow night”, you’re a terrible person. I don’t like Joe Buck, either, but that was pretty cool.
      The fact that anyone on Earth would actually feel entitled to tell another person what they can (or can not) do in tribute to their father boggles my mind. Get over it.
      A great series with a great call from a hometown boy
      "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
        Don't know why, but I was catching up on some old threads and felt the need to comment here. I agree completely with Mitchellrabbit, you calling out (and even more saying F you) Joe Buck for using his late father's call is crazy. It's his dad's line and it was a cool moment for him/his family as a tribute to his father. Whether you think he is a terrible announcer living off his last name shouldn't even matter. You saying that he can't/shouldn't have done it (even on a message board that means very little) is just immature. I'm not a fan of Joe Buck as an announcer, but that call/moment was great.

Even Matt Zimmer, who doesn't shy away from stirring up controversy/speaking his mind and has stated his disgust for Joe Buck publically, chimed in on the topic with a tip of the hat to Joe. http://mattyzimmer.tumblr.com/post/1...-week-that-was
        Cool, I also know a lot of people that thought he shouldn't have done it. Don't really care what Zimmer has to say on the topic. I like reading his opinions but I don't agree with him on everything and this is one of those things.

My opinion. Does it matter in the end? Nope, but it's my opinion and I have that right.

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
          My opinion. Does it matter in the end? Nope, but it's my opinion and I have that right.
          Agreed.
          "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
            Agreed.
            Double agreed!
            Great moments are born from great opportunities.
            ---Herb Brooks

Comment

Working...
            X