The Donovan McNabb expirement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Donovan McNabb expirement

I think the problem lies way deeper than McNabb.

Adrian Peterson had 4(!) carries in the second half against Detroit. He is running like a possessed man and he get's the ball four times in the second half?

Also, Bill Barnwell's Grantland piece (http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...-review-week-3) points out that the Vikings pass rush in the first half performs like one of the best in the league and then in the second half performs like one of the worst in the league.

McNabb certainly isn't that good, but he is not the biggest problem for the Vikes.
    Originally posted by JackFan96
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
      McNabb has three problems: 1) Weak receiving corps outside of Harvin. 2) He doesn't care. 3) He can't hit the broad side of a barn. Season is toast. Let's see what Ponder can do.
      What about Joe Webb? I think they should be throwing him, because you're right. McNabb can't throw worth a crap and he doesn't give one either.
      Great moments are born from great opportunities.
      ---Herb Brooks

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
        I think the problem lies way deeper than McNabb.

Adrian Peterson had 4(!) carries in the second half against Detroit. He is running like a possessed man and he get's the ball four times in the second half?

Also, Bill Barnwell's Grantland piece (http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...-review-week-3) points out that the Vikings pass rush in the first half performs like one of the best in the league and then in the second half performs like one of the worst in the league.

McNabb certainly isn't that good, but he is not the biggest problem for the Vikes.
        McNabb hasn't looked good,but I saw a stat that he has been either hit or hurried on 30 % of his pass attempts,which is 2nd highest in the NFL. Neither tackle seems to be very effective in pass blocking.

Comment

Suck for Luck!!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
            McNabb has three problems: 1) Weak receiving corps outside of Harvin. 2) He doesn't care. 3) He can't hit the broad side of a barn. Season is toast. Let's see what Ponder can do.
            Granted, I haven't followed the Vikes closely (my therapist insisted on that), but I haven't seen any fire or passion from McNabb about ANYTHING. Does he have any fire left, or has anyone seen anything from him that woul lead you to believe that he does give a ****?

How many passes did the receivers have to wait for on Sunday. I think the future starts now - the worst we can do is get in on the lottery for " with the first pick of the 2012 NFL draft, the Minnesota Vikings take....."

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
              McNabb hasn't looked good,but I saw a stat that he has been either hit or hurried on 30 % of his pass attempts,which is 2nd highest in the NFL. Neither tackle seems to be very effective in pass blocking.
              Yes they have other problems but I think they need to focus on the QB right now. Very rarely are you going to win games without a QB. Unless your the Cowboys who won 18-16 all on field goals.
              ---Herb Brooks

Comment

Spent last weekend in MPLS. What I heard from the locals is the Vikings are a train wreck. Comparisons were made to WWE and Days of... Of course most of that talk was while watching the Gophers hack one up

BTW NDSU really did play well.
                You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Of course they're a train wreck. I knew that from the beginning
                  ---Herb Brooks

Comment

Strib reports McNabb is out; Ponder is in for Sunday.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vi...132067103.html
                    I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

i wouldn't be surprised if the queens release mcnabb before the season is over. no need to carry that kind of money for sitting on the bench.

Comment

The rookie whats his face is he ready to be pounded for 10 more weeks?

Comment

Originally posted by KI DRIVER View Post
                          i wouldn't be surprised if the queens release mcnabb before the season is over. no need to carry that kind of money for sitting on the bench.
                          Should've released him a long tima ago if ya ask me
                          ---Herb Brooks

Comment

The experiment, is now a true expirement. It is over and I don't see him playing another down of football in the NFL. He's a good guy, but I just don't think he's "got it" anymore and nothing he did this year leads me to believe that he has the passion to play the game anymore.

It is finished....

Comment

Originally posted by MaddogJack View Post
                              The experiment, is now a true expirement. It is over and I don't see him playing another down of football in the NFL. He's a good guy, but I just don't think he's "got it" anymore and nothing he did this year leads me to believe that he has the passion to play the game anymore.

It is finished....
                              Of course, as the RandBall guy at the Strib pointed out, McNabb through 6 was 1-5 with 121 pts, whereas Ponder through 6 is 1-5 with 125 points.

Ultimate takeaway is that the QB is not the problem here. Which, in the end, means you might as well play the new guy.

However, this team has basically quit. I don't think they'll win another game this season, and if I'm Wilf, I'm looking at tearing the team & front office up and starting over. Get rid of the players because they won't play, get rid of the coach because he can't coach. No excuse for 2-14.

Comment

To me, it's even worse because he couldn't of found a worse team to end it with. Haha I love the Vikes and all, but i'm getting to the point where I wear my Vikings stuff at home..in the dark..where no one can see to ruin my rep.
                                ---Herb Brooks

Comment

Working...
                                X