Minnesota Twins 2011 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota Twins 2011 Season Thread

Twins looked good today. First time this season they've scored more than five runs.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
      Twins looked good today. First time this season they've scored more than five runs.

Yeah I was surprised they broke 5 today.
      Great moments are born from great opportunities.
      ---Herb Brooks

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
        Been on a good streak lately, still only 4 games the Twins have given up first inning run(s), in 11 games now.
        For the first time since April 8 (15 games) the Twins surrendered first inning runs last night, ending a 15 game streak.

That has to be a Twins record.
        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

For the first time since April 8 (15 games) the Twins surrendered first inning runs last night, ending a 15 game streak.

That has to be a Twins record.
          And Blackburn follows suit by giving up 2 in the first today. That's more like it.
          "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

I don't know, maybe the Twins don't give up an astounding higher number of 1st inning runs than other teams.

I looked at the Cubs (I know, bad example) and they've given up first inning runs in 6 or 7 games already as well.

Maybe it just seems worse because the Twins are the only team I pay attention to.

Comment

And Blackburn follows suit by giving up 2 in the first today. That's more like it.
              That was a great, great effort by the pitching staff today....

Comment

I don't know, maybe the Twins don't give up an astounding higher number of 1st inning runs than other teams.

I looked at the Cubs (I know, bad example) and they've given up first inning runs in 6 or 7 games already as well.

Maybe it just seems worse because the Twins are the only team I pay attention to.
                The Twins have been outscored 27-6 in the first two innings so far this season. (Not counting the 2nd game tonight.)

Very frustrating.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnJack View Post
                  The Twins have been outscored 27-6 in the first two innings so far this season. (Not counting the 2nd game tonight.)

Very frustrating.
                  Keep in mind that it may get better.
                  ---Herb Brooks

Comment

I've got to admit, I can't wait to read what Zimmer has to say tomorrow morning about the Twins weekend debacle.

I didn't see it, but I listened to part of todays game.

In the 20 minutes I listened, Casilla made several bad plays 1 resulting in an error, Valencia fielded a bunt he shouldn't have, Tosoni threw a ball to no mans land, and Casilla and Morneau manages to f up an easy out on a runner stranded between 1st and second.

To their defense, none of them except maybe *MAYBE* Valencia should be in the majors.

The team as a whole, is definately playing like a bunch of ametuers.

Comment

I've got to admit, I can't wait to read what Zimmer has to say tomorrow morning about the Twins weekend debacle.

I didn't see it, but I listened to part of todays game.

In the 20 minutes I listened, Casilla made several bad plays 1 resulting in an error, Valencia fielded a bunt he shouldn't have, Tosoni threw a ball to no mans land, and Casilla and Morneau manages to f up an easy out on a runner stranded between 1st and second.

To their defense, none of them except maybe *MAYBE* Valencia should be in the majors.

The team as a whole, is definately playing like a bunch of ametuers.
                      My family and I were in K.C. for the games this weekend. Friday night Baker did all he could, no runs and shaky defense. Saturday was embarrassing, Enough so, that I decided to drive home and listen to Sunday's game, best decision of the weekend.

Kauffman is a great place to watch baseball and K.C. is a fun and friendly city, just don't go to watch this years twin's team.
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I hit the Friday-Saturday games in KC as well. Ugh. At least tailgating was great on Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by pepbandalum View Post
                          I hit the Friday-Saturday games in KC as well. Ugh. At least tailgating was great on Saturday.

I can't even watch. I'll throw up.
                          ---Herb Brooks

Comment

Perhaps Liriano's NO NO will get the ball rolling in the right direction eh?

Comment

Perhaps Liriano's NO NO will get the ball rolling in the right direction eh?
                              I don't see it...their offense is beyond horrid and this team totally lacks the 'it' factor...
                              "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                                I don't see it...their offense is beyond horrid and this team totally lacks the 'it' factor...
                                I honestly think that somethings gotta start going uphill sooner or later
                                ---Herb Brooks

Comment

Working...
                                X