Minnesota Twins 2011 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota Twins 2011 Season Thread

The biggest thing they need to do right now is get healthy, which includes getting rid of the bug that is going around the locker room. Morneau had to get 3 IVs last night and now Delmon is sick and some soreness in the ribs, that's three key players that are out due to illness.

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
      The biggest thing they need to do right now is get healthy, which includes getting rid of the bug that is going around the locker room. Morneau had to get 3 IVs last night and now Delmon is sick and some soreness in the ribs, that's three key players that are out due to illness.
      Yeah they definitely need to make some improvements to their health
      Great moments are born from great opportunities.
      ---Herb Brooks

Comment

Depressing game tonight huh? I couldn't even watch. We got 3 key players that can't play. Delmon Young is sick, Joe Mauer is on the DL, and Tsuyoshi Nishioka is out until the All-Star Break.
        ---Herb Brooks

Comment

Originally posted by Madi V:)Mitchell View Post
          Depressing game tonight huh? I couldn't even watch. We got 3 key players that can't play. Delmon Young is sick, Joe Mauer is on the DL, and Tsuyoshi Nishioka is out until the All-Star Break.
          I think you mean 4 as Morneau is still out due to illness as well

Comment

Just checking in to say that I still hate this team and the idiots that run it. And yet I still keep watching.
            Originally posted by JackFan96
            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
              Just checking in to say that I still hate this team and the idiots that run it. And yet I still keep watching.
              I actually haven't watched them in a couple of days, thankfully. Last night was embarrassing.

Comment

I actually haven't watched them in a couple of days, thankfully. Last night was embarrassing.
                I've seen approximately 3 innings of Twins baseball so far this year.

Sometimes it's good to not have cable/satellite.
                "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                  I've seen approximately 3 innings of Twins baseball so far this year.

Sometimes it's good to not have cable/satellite.
                  I watched the first game at a bar and then other than that I've caught like 4 innings. Agree on the cable/satellite thing.

Comment

I cancelled cable over a year ago. A great desicion. I just listen to the Twins on the radio.
                    LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Even though it's painful to watch the Twins struggle,it's worth tuning in just to see Jim Thome work towards #600. It is obvious that he is a truly nice,classy gentleman which is all too uncommon in pro sports these days.

Comment

Let's not forget that it's only April. The Twins have been dealt a tough hand to start the season with injuries and their schedule (I believe something they've played more road games than any other mlb team to date this season). Injuries are part of the game, I get that, and every team will have their share this year. Our share just so happens to be coming at the start of the season. Hey, the 1991 World Series Champion Twins started out 4-10, including a seven game losing streak.
                        It has been tough to watch this year. When healthy this team will be just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                          Even though it's painful to watch the Twins struggle,it's worth tuning in just to see Jim Thome work towards #600. It is obvious that he is a truly nice,classy gentleman which is all too uncommon in pro sports these days.
                          And his new commercial is awesome!
                          @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                          --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

it is interesting to listen to the "mauer" speculation. some talk i heard the other day was that he has lost 12lbs with that viral thing. and, morneau has it now. was some chatter (from media/fans) about moving him to second and let the kid from japan move to short. i know he's a great athlete, but, a 6'5" second baseman? imo, think the best spots for him would be either 3rd base, or, left field.

will be interesting to see if this season hastens the move for mauer. he "belongs" behind the plate, but, i also want him to have a long career.

Comment

Originally posted by krak-r-jacks View Post
                              it is interesting to listen to the "mauer" speculation. some talk i heard the other day was that he has lost 12lbs with that viral thing. and, morneau has it now. was some chatter (from media/fans) about moving him to second and let the kid from japan move to short. i know he's a great athlete, but, a 6'5" second baseman? imo, think the best spots for him would be either 3rd base, or, left field.

will be interesting to see if this season hastens the move for mauer. he "belongs" behind the plate, but, i also want him to have a long career.
                              No way Nishi plays short, he doesn't have the arm strength.

Comment

No way Nishi plays short, he doesn't have the arm strength.

Nishi is going to stay at second. He isn't strong enough anywhere else.
                                ---Herb Brooks

Comment

Working...
                                X