Clear All

• Worst FBS vs FCS match ups

Our pals from the North made the list

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/co...sp?CID=1074089

Re: Worst FBS vs FCS match ups

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
    Our pals from the North made the list

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/co...sp?CID=1074089

Boy, it doesn't seem like that long ago, all our friends from up north could talk about was beating every FBS team they play and getting an invite to the Big Ten!

Honestly though...this game shouldn't be with the rest of them, IMO. Kansas IMO isn't going to be that good this year and NDSU "probably" won't be as bad as last year.
    Wow, did they not win against ANY good FCS teams last year or what?

Also, IMO our game against a top 10 team in Nebraska should've made the "better FCS/FBS games" along with those other ones. God, I swear the more UNL fans I talk to the more I hope we give those suckers a scare, especially on their Homecoming!

Go Jacks!!
    SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
      the more I hope we give those suckers a scare, especially on their Homecoming!
      I swear, if you took away Nebraska's football program, the whole state would dry up and blow away. Was in Nebraska last weekend, and the sheer quantity of red Ns scattered around that state is staggering to the imagination.

But you do have to give the 'huskers credit for that--their 'graphic identity' consists of a single letter and a single color. Makes it easy, even for Nebraskans, to show who they support.

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
        I swear, if you took away Nebraska's football program, the whole state would dry up and blow away. Was in Nebraska last weekend, and the sheer quantity of red Ns scattered around that state is staggering to the imagination.

But you do have to give the 'huskers credit for that--their 'graphic identity' consists of a single letter and a single color. Makes it easy, even for Nebraskans, to show who they support.
        Yes - Omaha is a sea of red. Almost never saw/heard Creighton Blue. Even on UNO campus it was more Nebraska Husker than UNO Mavericks flying. That would need to change if UNO tries to move D-I.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
          Boy, it doesn't seem like that long ago, all our friends from up north could talk about was beating every FBS team they play and getting an invite to the Big Ten!

Honestly though...this game shouldn't be with the rest of them, IMO. Kansas IMO isn't going to be that good this year and NDSU "probably" won't be as bad as last year.
          Wow, did they not win against ANY good FCS teams last year or what?

Also, IMO our game against a top 10 team in Nebraska should've made the "better FCS/FBS games" along with those other ones. God, I swear the more UNL fans I talk to the more I hope we give those suckers a scare, especially on their Homecoming!

Go Jacks!!
          Yes to the bolded. The Hawks most likely will be in trouble during the Big 12 season this year. However, they will handle NDSU for the home opener. That, or there will be a swarm of angry fans marching on the home of Turner Gill ready to run him out of town after one game. They are a fickle bunch in Lawrence.
          "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
          "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Anyone posted this on Bisonville yet? I didn't think so:

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...579#post379579

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
              Anyone posted this on Bisonville yet? I didn't think so:

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...579#post379579
              You mean
              http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19615

You know, if you're going to jump to a conclusion, you might want to check the posts near the day the article was published just to be sure. It took me all of 45 seconds to find that the article was posted on Bisonville 3 days after it hit the net(and that was three months ago). So, I guess I'm saying...

FAIL

Comment

Originally posted by Hammersmith View Post
                You mean
                http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19615

You know, if you're going to jump to a conclusion, you might want to check the posts near the day the article was published just to be sure. It took me all of 45 seconds to find that the article was posted on Bisonville 3 days after it hit the net(and that was three months ago). So, I guess I'm saying...

FAIL
                Bisonville is fast on the draw when it comes to Bison trivia. If the Bison are mentioned IT WILL BE POSTED THAT DAY.

Dear Hammer - Is there anything in the NCAA policies and procedures that REQUIRE if 6 schools in a conference play a sport that that league MUST SPONSOR that sport? My comment is, of course, focused on football, and whether SDSU, WIU & NDSU can be forced into a Summit football league if UND, USD & SUU are also in the Summit.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
                  Bisonville is fast on the draw when it comes to Bison trivia. If the Bison are mentioned IT WILL BE POSTED THAT DAY.

Dear Hammer - Is there anything in the NCAA policies and procedures that REQUIRE if 6 schools in a conference play a sport that that league MUST SPONSOR that sport? My comment is, of course, focused on football, and whether SDSU, WIU & NDSU can be forced into a Summit football league if UND, USD & SUU are also in the Summit.
                  No. The NCAA leaves decisions like that to the conferences. Some conferences do have bylaws that say if half the schools sponsor a sport the conference must, or the same if enough schools in the conference sponsor a sport that it would qualify for an autobid. But it's a conference decision. One of the problems for fans like us is that very few conferences post their bylaws online. And if they are online, it's often in a members section that requires password access.

One generalization that I would suggest is that the smaller/lower the conference, the more flexibility you would expect to see in the bylaws. Just because the Big Ten has a bylaw like the above(and they do), it doesn't mean the Summit will have a similar one. And bylaws aren't set in stone. Even if there is bylaw, I doubt it would be activated in this case. The Summit can't afford to seriously piss off 30% of its current members just to help two of the newcomers and a current member that's got one foot already out the door.

Comment

No. The NCAA leaves decisions like that to the conferences. Some conferences do have bylaws that say if half the schools sponsor a sport the conference must, or the same if enough schools in the conference sponsor a sport that it would qualify for an autobid. But it's a conference decision. One of the problems for fans like us is that very few conferences post their bylaws online. And if they are online, it's often in a members section that requires password access.

One generalization that I would suggest is that the smaller/lower the conference, the more flexibility you would expect to see in the bylaws. Just because the Big Ten has a bylaw like the above(and they do), it doesn't mean the Summit will have a similar one. And bylaws aren't set in stone. Even if there is bylaw, I doubt it would be activated in this case. The Summit can't afford to seriously piss off 30% of its current members just to help two of the newcomers and a current member that's got one foot already out the door.
                    Along those lines, I just discovered that the Big "Ten" sponsors men's gymnastics (6 schools offer it). Wasn't sure about that---would have been kind of embarrassing for the Nebraska men's gymnastics program to petition to stay in the Big "Twelve"

Comment

Thanks Hammer! It's great to have such a knowledgeable poster in da house!

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
                        Yes - Omaha is a sea of red. Almost never saw/heard Creighton Blue. Even on UNO campus it was more Nebraska Husker than UNO Mavericks flying. That would need to change if UNO tries to move D-I.
                        Same was darn near true in my college days. Seemed every time I set foot on USD campus I saw multiple Nebraska fans.

I don't think UNO has any business moving to D-1.

Alabama vs. Ga State might be just awful. Starters play 1st quarter only.

Comment

Originally posted by TeaJackrabbit View Post
                          Same was darn near true in my college days. Seemed every time I set foot on USD campus I saw multiple Nebraska fans.

I don't think UNO has any business moving to D-1.

Alabama vs. Ga State might be just awful. Starters play 1st quarter only.
                          How GA St., a program starting just this year, managed to get AL to pay them to play there is quackers. I am surprised if the game is even a counter. Must be, because why else would AL play them? GA St. is a complete marshmellow, and has no business occupying any football field higher than a FCS field, and these will be all losses.

Comment

Working...
                          X