NCAAW: Stanford vs Xavier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAAW: Stanford vs Xavier

After Xavier scores 9 straight points & took a two point lead,with a FF on the line, Stanford ties it....then the unbelievable starts.
    Under 15 sec's,Stanford on defense,go for surprise double team on the ball,rotrtion got confused and they left Dee Dee Jernigen ALL ALONE under the basket,as in no one within 8' of her, she misses the bunny, ball knocked out of bounds after the scrum for the rebound, XAVIER RETAINS POSSESSION.Under 10 sec's left, Stanford immediatly double teams the ball AGAIN....Amazingly ,Stanford again rotates poorly for the second time leaving Jernigen again open under the basket....with a chace at redemption,Jernigen goes straight up and misses another bunny.....wow, feel bad for her,but that's BB.Complete shock on the faces on the Xavier bench.Stanford gets rebound,called TO.With 4 sec left, runs the length of the court for game winning lay up at the buzzer.

Re: NCAAW: Stanford vs Xavier

That was an amazing ending. I really feel sorry for the Xavier player.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Also,right before that,Xavier's best free-throw shooter (85 %) missed the front end of a 1 and 1.

Comment

I still can't believe the Stanford girl took it the the ENTIRE length of the court and got a layup in 4 seconds.

Doesn't seem possible, but she barely beat the time. Unbelievable.
        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

And if the hadn't checked the video and added 4/10ths of a second,the shot would not have counted.

Comment

Exactly bigticket. Often I question whether the time added or subtracted after a review is accurate but in this case I thought it was right on. Turns out any less than the .4 they added would have meant an Xavier win. What an exciting finish.

Comment

Originally posted by 76Rabbit View Post
              Exactly bigticket. Often I question whether the time added or subtracted after a review is accurate but in this case I thought it was right on. Turns out any less than the .4 they added would have meant an Xavier win. What an exciting finish.
              Nope, just a tie and OT.

I couldn't believe what I was seeing when she missed BOTH wide-open lay-ups.
              I hope she gets over it and it makes her stronger. I don't know it the same would've happened to me, how I would've handled it going forward.
              Yikes.

Go Jacks!!
              SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

She was a Senior too, so her career is over.

Comment

Oops. Right you are.
                  Originally posted by propar80 View Post
                  Nope, just a tie and OT.

I couldn't believe what I was seeing when she missed BOTH wide-open lay-ups.
                  I hope she gets over it and it makes her stronger. I don't know it the same would've happened to me, how I would've handled it going forward.
                  Yikes.

Go Jacks!!

Comment

Originally posted by 22jack View Post
                    She was a Senior too, so her career is over.
                    I didn't realize she was a senior. I felt horrible for her after watching the highlights. Feel even worse for her knowing that her last memory of her college career is missing two shots that would have put her team in the Final Four. The only consolation for her is that Xavier won't be UConn's 78th victory in a row.
                    I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Working...
                    X