NCAAW: OK v ND

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAAW: OK v ND

Oklahoma women and Notre Dame had quite a battle.
    In OT: OK's Stevenson hitting a big 3 pointer leaving on 4.4 seconds on the clock and it wasn't enough time for ND.
    ND tried a full-court pass to inbounds and Stevenson caught it. With 3 seconds left, Stevenson fouled...hits both free throws.

Oklahoma 77, Notre Dame 72 in OT.

Oklahoma advances to the Elite 8 for the second year in a row.

Re: NCAAW: OK v ND

Makes playing them tough,but losing,a little easier to take, now that they're an elite eight team...keep rolling sooners.

Comment

Yeah, I'm cheering for the Sooners. When you play a team, you quickly become familiar with their stars, coach etc. The Sooners are OK in my book (is that a pun?).

[On the other hand, I'm not cheering for Nebraska. We played them a couple of times and it looked like we could be a regular on each other's schedule but they dropped us after we broke their home-opener win streak at 24....or, maybe I don't trust women basketball players from Alaska. Anyway, I hope Kentucky beats the Corncobbers. Right now, 8:43 left in the 1st half, Kentucky 23, Nebraska 18.]

Comment

Nebraska is getting drilled - down by 17 with 15 minutes to go. Kentucky may be able to out-quick the Sooners. There's just a swarm of blue around the ball.

Comment

The Middle Tenn blue raiders ,whom we beat, are only one of a few teams that have beaten Kentucky this year.MTSU is a hard team to figure, sometimes they play good, sometimes they don't.

Comment

I trust this thread will not become How Good was Cornell thread?, but I think we should feel good about being eliminated by one of the final four teams, namely Oklahoma. At least the Oklahoma coach gave us credit for being who we are as a program

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
              I trust this thread will not become How Good was Cornell thread?, but I think we should feel good about being eliminated by one of the final four teams, namely Oklahoma. At least the Oklahoma coach gave us credit for being who we are as a program
              Oklahoma still has to beat a pretty good team before they make the Final Four

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                Oklahoma still has to beat a pretty good team before they make the Final Four
                Sorry Elite Eight, not that it detracts from the point I was trying to make.

Comment

We watched both women's games last night. The OU/ND game was really a pleasure to see. Cheering for the Sooners of course but what outstanding basketball on both sides of the court. Nebbish was totally out matched by KY. A very poorly played game. I'd say that the Jacks would have had a great shot at knocking off the Huskers if they hadn't been afraid to keep us on their schedule. Boomer Sooner the rest of the way.

Comment

I couldn't believe ND's last play. Roughly 4 seconds left, throw a 3/4 court long baseball pass into the lane off the inbounds when needing a three to tie the game again. Even if the risky pass was caught, it would have required another pass back out beyond the arc to have a chance to force another OT. It just seemed like a play designed for 1 second left, not 4 seconds.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

OK goes to final four with 20 pt win over KY. KY may be greased lightening, but OK was shredding the nets with .615 FG shooting, with KY was about 32% shooting.

Our loss, in their gym, keeps looking better and better.

How about UConn's 40 pt win to get to final four? WOW.

Comment

OK looked really bad to start, down 15-3 I think. Took a timeout, coach got them centered and working together and away they went.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

So, OK pounded Kentucky who pounded the Huskers and we played tight with OK so we're better than the Huskers for sure. I'm getting pretty good at this. We need to keep the coyote fans around I'm learning a lot from them.
                          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I have been advocating we need to get more "athletic" and add quickness, but with that said Nyeshia Stevenson of Oklahoma is a "freak of nature" and one of the quickest players with the ball in the country. She makes everyone look a step slow and has proved over and over in this tournament she is one of the "premiere guards in the country and there was no shame in the Jacks not being able to contain her because nobody can.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                              I have been advocating we need to get more "athletic" and add quickness, but with that said Nyeshia Stevenson of Oklahoma is a "freak of nature" and one of the quickest players with the ball in the country. She makes everyone look a step slow and has proved over and over in this tournament she is one of the "premiere guards in the country and there was no shame in the Jacks not being able to contain her because nobody can.
                              Amen brother!

Comment

Working...
                              X