Uni, oh my!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uni, oh my!

Congrats to the Panthers on the upset of the tournament so far!
    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
    - Steven Wright

Re: Uni, oh my!

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
    And this tournament has set a pretty high bar for upsets.

Comment

After what the refs were letting KU get away with late in the game when they started the press,I'm glad UNI held on.Plus,Self has always looked a little bit too smug for my taste.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
        Some 35 years after they moved DI, the biggest win in the programs history. I'd like to see us ahead of that curve and I'd take it over a DII championship any day of the week.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Love it! Love it! Love it!

Maybe Kansas overlooked UNI a little?

It got hairy at the end, but UNI definately outplayed Kansas, glad they hung on.
          "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Started hanging curtains at halftime. Can't believe I missed this. Congrats to Panthers. Thank God I didn't put any money down on my brackets this year. They were bad before, but will be worst ever now. Yep, I had the Jayhawks cutting em down in the final game. I love it.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
              Love it! Love it! Love it!

Maybe Kansas overlooked UNI a little?

It got hairy at the end, but UNI definately outplayed Kansas, glad they hung on.
              Some of the playere from Kansas took it pretty hard, as they thought they could mug their way to a win, only to have the little guy from UNI, who was wide open drain a 3 .that sealed the game.

Comment

Hopefully a little girl from South Dakota State hits a wide open three to bring down the Sooners tommorrow night.

Comment

I've been kind of a Kansas fan forever, and now living in the KC metro where KU is basically the home team (campus 45 minutes away in Lawrence, closer to KC than SDSU is to Sioux Falls), that's a pretty easy thing to be, but I'm content with the Panthers' win today.

UNI definitely deserved the win. For almost all of the game, they outplayed the more physically talented Jayhawks.

Just goes to show, basketball games do not always go to the more athletically gifted team, but sometimes to the team that is just a better basketball team. The Panthers were a better team and today's win was no fluke.
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Homers, the Fox 2 Detroit news crews just said the road to the final four for Michigan State just got easier with UNI knocking off Kansas. Me thinks if a team just knocked off the top team and pretty much had control of the whole game, the road to the final four did not just get easier.

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
                      Homers, the Fox 2 Detroit news crews just said the road to the final four for Michigan State just got easier with UNI knocking off Kansas. Me thinks if a team just knocked off the top team and pretty much had control of the whole game, the road to the final four did not just get easier.

michigan state wont get by maryland today. anyway thats about my last hope in my brackets.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                        michigan state wont get by maryland today. anyway thats about my last hope in my brackets.
                        I have no hope.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

I don't want to disagree with my fellow Michigander but as a Michigan State fan I would rather take my chances with UNI than Kansas. Even though the Panthers beat KU I got to believe that Kansas on most nights would win. Just so you know I too was pulling for the upset, not for the Spartans, per se but for the OLD NCC.

Comment

Looks like we get to see a Michigan St v UNI game on friday. I pull for MSU also when they play. Looks like a lot of brackets are busted this year.

Comment

Just read on the Gopher message board that Kalin Lucas has a torn achilles.That might make UNI the favorite,especially since Michigan State's other good guard also has a bad foot.

Comment

Working...
                              X