Division IAA Basketball?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Division IAA Basketball?

[QUOTE=bub94;148030]But just because West Virginia is in a big conference, would you pick them in the top 110?[QUOTE]

Yes I would. Huggins has built a good program there.

Comment

[QUOTE=MontanaRabbit;148033][QUOTE=bub94;148030]But just because West Virginia is in a big conference, would you pick them in the top 110?

Yes I would. Huggins has built a good program there.
      I probably would too. I made a poor attempt at my argument since West Virginia has been good recently. I should have used a lesser team in the Big East as a reference. DePaul would have been better. Does DePaul fit in to the top 110 just because they are members of the Big East? DePaul might have had good teams in the past, but would they be included now? Would team drop out of the 'top 110' if they have some stinker years?
      Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Conference USA - 12
        Big 12 – 12
        Big East – 16
        ACC – 12
        SEC – 12
        Big 10 – 11
        Atlantic 10 – 14
        Pac 10 – 10

That's 99 of the 110 teams Bob Huggins would see in the top division of DI basketball.

All but one of these conferences would likely be left out:

Mountain West - #7 real time rpi
        Missouri Valley - #9 real time rpi
        WAC - #10 real time rpi
        Colonial - #12 real time rpi
        West Coast - #13 real time rpi
        Horizon - #14 real time rpi

Bob Huggins is brilliant. Thank goodness he isn't in charge of the NCAA.
        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
          Conference USA - 12
          Big 12 – 12
          Big East – 16
          ACC – 12
          SEC – 12
          Big 10 – 11
          Atlantic 10 – 14
          Pac 10 – 10

That's 99 of the 110 teams Bob Huggins would see in the top division of DI basketball.
          Why Conference USA? Mountain West is better.

Comment

Originally posted by 22jack View Post
            Memphis. Would be the only reason as far as I am concerned.

And yes, I think they cheated to get to where they were the last few years.

Comment

Originally posted by 22jack View Post
              Switch in Mountain West for Conference USA and it doesn't really change the point. There would be a lot of good teams and conferences left out of Coach Huggins college basketball utopia.

On second thought, let's split it into two divisions with two tournaments. Then the two tournament champions play for a total Division I championship. The winner splits both tournament revenues between the schools and conferences in their division.

How's that for an idea Bob Huggins?
              “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                Memphis. Would be the only reason as far as I am concerned.

And yes, I think they cheated to get to where they were the last few years.
                I wouldn't include C-USA just because of Memphis.

Why you might as well say the Big East was a major conference in football back when they had Miami. oh, wait.............

Comment

Let's start the Western College Basketball and Eastern College Basketball regions. Each region would have their own 64 team tourney, with the winners to face each other in the championship. Have to draw a line right down the middle of the US (don't want to use the Mississippi River). Or better yet, let's get the ole' North vs. South started back up.

Alright, I stopped huffing paint. Why fix something that isn't broke? No matter what, there is always going to be a team you can argue should have made the tourney. You aren't going to make everyone happy.
                  Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

I-AA basketball would be an excellent way to kill off the current NCAA tournament's wide appeal, IMHO.
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                      I-AA basketball would be an excellent way to kill off the current NCAA tournament's wide appeal, IMHO.
                      That's crazy talk. That's like saying people who are fans of Missouri Valley football don't care about Brut Sun Bowl where the third place team from the Pac 10 plays the 5th best team from the Big 12... I know I was on the edge of my seat tuned in to CBS for that one. Sorry I can't remember who won because I fell asleep halfway through the pregame show.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                        Sorry I can't remember who won because I fell asleep halfway through the pregame show.
                        There was a pregame show? Must have slept through that too.

Comment

Originally posted by bub94 View Post
                          There was a pregame show? Must have slept through that too.
                          The pregame show bore a strange resemblance to an episode of Seinfeld from 1994.

Comment

Working...
                          X