• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NSU's Don Meyer Retires

Don Meyer at NSU is retiring.

http://www.keloland.com/NewsDetail6162.cfm?Id=96877

922 wins is a lot of wins!

Re: NSU's Don Meyer Retires

Listened to him talk at Boy's State and we was easily the most impressive speaker there all week. A real class act.
    Originally posted by JackFan96
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

His espy award speach, was it last year? was very impressive. He is a true winner and not just on the court. the state and Northern should be lucky to have a legend like him call this place home.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I've met Coach Meyer a couple of times and had conversations with him and he is a pretty neat guy. Intense would be an understatement. He is an impressive coach but an even more impressive human being.

Best wishes to Coach Meyer in retirement!

SUPERBUNNY
        MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

When Coach Meyer took over NSU, I did a little reading about his background. I paid more attention to NSU basketball than I had in the past. He's been great for that school and for the sport.

I have never met the man but I've heard a lot of talk about him -- every comment positive.

Comment

THOSE will be pretty BIG shoes to fill! He is a pretty classy guy - easy to cheer for and proud that he represents South Dakota pretty well, as well as Northern. Here's hoping he can find some enjoyment in retirement. Someone as respected and accomplished as Coach Meyer would be challenged to find solace in life after Basketball. But being the winner he is, he will do it and do it well I'm sure.

Comment

Sounds like he will be staying rather busy even without basketball as he will be working in the President's office at Northern.

Comment

I went to his camp when I was in 4th Grade. It was awesome and we learned more about life and how to be a good person than basketball. He spoke at last years State FFA convention and it was pretty sad to see the shape he was in, but it was also pretty inspiring once he began to speak and share his philosophy on life. Great Man!
                Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

From ESPN.com

http://proxy.espn.go.com/espn/commen...e=olney/100226

For 38 years, what Don Meyer has loved most about coaching is the problem-solving. Fixing a player's jump shot. Correcting the way his team defends the screen-and-roll. Adjusting the offense.

Meyer will coach the last home game of his career on Saturday, when Northern State University plays host to Southwest Minnesota State in Aberdeen, S.D. He has 923 career victories, and he got there by focusing on the process rather than the product, on getting his own players to execute better.

Comment

Working...
                  X