Lane Kiffin to USC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lane Kiffin to USC

Tennessee's Lane Kiffin has been named the next head coach at Southern California, athletic director Mike Garrett announced on Tuesday.
    Kiffin replaces Pete Carroll, who jumped to the NFL as coach of the Seattle Seahawks.
    "We are really excited to welcome Lane Kiffin back to USC," Garrett said in a statement. "I was able to watch him closely when he was an assistant with us and what I saw was a bright, creative young coach who I thought would make an excellent head coach here if the opportunity ever arose. I'm confident he and his staff will keep USC football performing at the high level that we expect."
    http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angele...ory?id=4820737

So how pissed are Tennessee players, alums and fans, if at all. And if you're a USC recruit, do you believe this guy is going to stick around for more than a couple of years after what he just did to Tennessee?
    I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Re: Lane Kiffin to USC

Originally posted by CatchEmAll View Post
    http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angele...ory?id=4820737

So how pissed are Tennessee players, alums and fans, if at all. And if you're a USC recruit, do you believe this guy is going to stick around for more than a couple of years after what he just did to Tennessee?
    I think USC needed somebody to accept it quick to be able to keep whats left of a pretty good recruiting class.... there was rumors that it could of been open for a while.... I'm just not really sure what Lane Kiffin is doing, but at the same time he was an assistant at USC... but he had things pretty good at Tennessee, had a top 5 recruiting class and he doesn't have unreachable expectations that he will have at USC.....

The question I have is when are the recruiting violations coming down? I've heard message board rumors that USC offered the NCAA the same thing that the basketball team did and the NCAA turned it down, now Pete Carroll and USC deny the reports but IDK, its clear that something is going to happen at USC with the NCAA and you bring in the king of violations (even though small he racked up a ton of them in 14 months at UT)....

Comment

Working...
    X