Cornell vs USD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cornell vs USD

I can't believe I'm saying this but I'm going to the Yotes game tonight. I got a call from our favorite Coyote fan and accepted his invitation to the game tonight.

Re: Cornell vs USD

Originally posted by SiouxFallsJack View Post
    I can't believe I'm saying this but I'm going to the Yotes game tonight. I got a call from our favorite Coyote fan and accepted his invitation to the game tonight.
    I've got access to plenty of tickets if you want to stop by Yankton. Its just a little bit out of the way. I will probably check the score on ESPN later. Hope the yotes can surprise a very good Cornell team with lots of experience.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxFallsJack View Post
      Al Neuharth?

Comment

Cornell leads 36-31 at the half. Thomas for usd is a good shooter as for krogman I'm glad he is a yote and not a Rabbit.

Comment

2 point game with about 10 minutes to play. Yotes have a chance here.

54-52, all the MO on yotes side. Doesn't sound like a large crowd but tough to tell in the dome.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
            2 point game with about 10 minutes to play. Yotes have a chance here.

54-52, all the MO on yotes side. Doesn't sound like a large crowd but tough to tell in the dome.
            Their live stats said crowd was 2115. If true, thats not bad considering this weather

Comment

give the yotes credit for hanging around 65-71. Should be a league improvement on Centenary. May drive over to scout them when they play in Edwardsville. Only dig is that this board had more game action than the USD board.

Comment

Was at the game with SF Jack tonight. Very good game. Cornell is a good team but USD didn't give anything away athletically to them. Cornell is big and can shoot the rock very well from outside. The Big Red are very good at shooting and just plain good at most everything else. They just don't have many weaknesses. The Yotes hung with them very well and actually had their big 7 footer flustered a few times. He didn't really have a great game. I think Cain and him kind of took each other out of the game. Jake Thomas is already a legit D1 player and can flat out fill the net. I can honestly say that for the first time I am really starting to notice a difference in the Coyotes overall talent level. It's getting better. From what I saw at the Summit League tourney the Yotes will fit in nicely into the Summit. They are very similar to the teams I watched that played there.
                How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Good game Yotes. I was gonna head down to this one but weather kept me home. Wish I would have gone though...

Comment

Glad the Yotes played a tough game. The Big Red left a lot on the floor in Lawrence on Wednesday - I know this because I was at the game and got to see first-hand how good the Big Red can be when they are on their game. They shot the lights out in the fieldhouse. I didn't expect USD to even give them much of a game if Cornell decided to put forth that effort. They obviously didn't because if Cornell played like they did on Wednesday, USD would still be picking themselves off the court in the DakotaDump.

Here's the real deal. Cornell put a huge effort into playing the #1 team in the country two days before playing USD. They gave just enough to get the win tonight. Let's not read too much into this.

Rock Chalk. Go Jacks.
                    "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                    "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzled_Jack View Post
                      give the yotes credit for hanging around 65-71. Should be a league improvement on Centenary. May drive over to scout them when they play in Edwardsville. Only dig is that this board had more game action than the USD board.
                      71-65 is a GREAT showing against a team like Cornell. They're one of those teams "nobody will want to play in the NCAA tournament."

Yote fans should be proud today, even in defeat. Very nice showing against a truly quality opponent.

And overall, I heartily agree that USD will be a definite upgrade for the league, IMHO.
                      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                        Rock Chalk. Go Jacks.
                        Mad Max Go Jacks?

Can't we get beyond thunderdome?

Comment

Working...
                        X