Division I hockey at USD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Division I hockey at USD?

Found this very interesting story on the prospect of Division I hockey at the University of South Dakota. It appears the have been whispers, something I didn't know:

http://www.insidecollegehockey.com/7...s/usd_0130.htm
    Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Re: Division I hockey at USD?

Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post
    Found this very interesting story on the prospect of Division I hockey at the University of South Dakota. It appears the have been whispers, something I didn't know:

http://www.insidecollegehockey.com/7...s/usd_0130.htm
    Dude, this article is from 2003!

Comment

And Higgins is no longer the AD.

My guess is this was considered as a cheap alternative to going D-1 in all sports. Which it would have been.

Comment

they would definitely have to expand seating at the 4H building in Yankton to accomplish that.

Comment

Its amazing how much has changed since 2003 at USD and elsewhere. I am sure Kelly Higgins enjoyed his trip to Naples Florida.

Comment

USD thanks for the laugh. I just don't see hockey growing in SD. Its ok to watch live but still not that big of a following around here. Maybe I am wrong but it just does not seem like a worthwhile idea. I remember that a few years ago when they thought they would get hockey. They barely have a club team but can support a D-1 hockey. What ever they are smoking must be some good stuff.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

wasnt ndsu in a similar article? nothin concrete. ignore it.

Comment

Working...
              X