Give the Yotes their Props

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Give the Yotes their Props

This is a brutal 2010 FB schedule for USD at this point in transition. Yotes have taken a hit on this board for recent schedules, only fair to compliment them when they step up big time:

Sept. 4: at Central Florida
    Sept. 11: at Minnesota
    Sept. 18: Northwestern Oklahoma State
    Sept. 25: at North Dakota State
    Oct. 2: North Dakota (Dakota Days)
    Oct. 9: at UC Davis
    Oct. 16: Northern Iowa
    Oct. 23: at Southern Utah
    Oct. 30: Northern Colorado
    Nov. 6: Cal Poly
    Nov. 13: at Lamar (Texas)

Re: Give the Yotes their Props

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
    This is a brutal 2010 FB schedule for USD at this point in transition. Yotes have taken a hit on this board for recent schedules, only fair to compliment them when they step up big time:

Sept. 4: at Central Florida - L
    Sept. 11: at Minnesota - L
    Sept. 18: Northwestern Oklahoma State - W
    Sept. 25: at North Dakota State - L
    Oct. 2: North Dakota (Dakota Days) - L
    Oct. 9: at UC Davis - L
    Oct. 16: Northern Iowa - L
    Oct. 23: at Southern Utah - W
    Oct. 30: Northern Colorado - W
    Nov. 6: Cal Poly - L
    Nov. 13: at Lamar (Texas) - W
    *edit: I added the W & L's, not NoVaJack
    Yes that is impressive! No smack intended but I am predicting their record to be: 4-7
    Last edited by UWMandSDSU; 12-23-2009, 12:08 PM.

Comment

I will give them props on a good schedule.
      BUT, if it wasn't for SDSU introducing some of these "good" opponents to the area over the past 5 years...this same exact schedule would be looked upon as junk outside the Minnesota, NDSU, UND and UNC games. I guarantee 5 years ago, a lot of the "media" folks in the area wouldn't know Central Florida from South Alabama, I wouldn't be surprised if they still don't realize they are FBS.

BUT...I suppose that could be an argument for USD waiting and seeing how SDSU would do in the transition. I know they love to make that argument.

Good schedule Yotes.

Go Jacks!!
      Last edited by propar80; 12-23-2009, 02:43 PM.
      SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
        Yes that is impressive! No smack intended but I am predicting their record to be: 4-7

UWMSDSU.... I believe that is a fair prediction. I also believe Jacks it is very possible Jacks could go 10-1 with that same schedule, though it could also be a 7-4 year... Conclusion: Jacks are 4-6 games better than Coyotes right now. Will not always be that way, but right now that's reality.

Here is an optimistic, but reasonable, prediction if Jacks played Coyotes '10 schedule:

Sept. 4: at Central Florida - L (They'd know they were in a game, though)
        Sept. 11: at Minnesota - W (should have had them this year; our QB will be more seasoned in '10; D arguably better)
        Sept. 25: at North Dakota State - W (Jacks are just better)
        Oct. 2: North Dakota - W (Big win)
        Oct. 9: at UC Davis - W
        Oct. 16: Northern Iowa - W
        Oct. 23: at Southern Utah - W
        Oct. 30: Northern Colorado - W
        Nov. 6: Cal Poly - W (revenge is sweet)
        Nov. 13: at Lamar (Texas) - W

Comment

Not a smack thread.
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
            Not a smack thread.

WADR, Filbert, what smack has shown up on this thread? It started by lauding Coyotes schedule and makes defensible arguments about how Jacks might do with same schedule...

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
              WADR, Filbert, what smack has shown up on this thread? It started by lauding Coyotes schedule and makes defensible arguments about how Jacks might do with same schedule...
              Just trying to be pre-emptive . . . didn't want to see it slide too far off the rails with a discussion of how SDSU would do with USD's schedule. IMHO that's pretty much an invitation to slip into smack, much as I'd like to think it wouldn't.

After I posted, I looked and had basically the same thought as you've had here. But then, I thought--who am I kidding? Pretty much any comparison of SDSU to USD or vice versa is, I fear, doomed to deteriorate into smack unless the better angels of people's natures come to the fore.

And I guess I'm just not that much of a believer in the natural goodness of my fellow man. Heckofa thing to say on Christmas Eve Eve, isn't it?

With that . . . play on . . .
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                Just trying to be pre-emptive . . . didn't want to see it slide too far off the rails with a discussion of how SDSU would do with USD's schedule. IMHO that's pretty much an invitation to slip into smack, much as I'd like to think it wouldn't.

After I posted, I looked and had basically the same thought as you've had here. But then, I thought--who am I kidding? Pretty much any comparison of SDSU to USD or vice versa is, I fear, doomed to deteriorate into smack unless the better angels of people's natures come to the fore.

And I guess I'm just not that much of a believer in the natural goodness of my fellow man. Heckofa thing to say on Christmas Eve Eve, isn't it?

With that . . . play on . . .

Thanks for the diligence... Merry Christmas

Comment

I will agree that is a brutal schedule. Good for them in finally stepping up. I'm not sure its a good thing to schedule two FBS schools to start the season. It's a good way to start the season off on a bad note (something we can attest to at SDSU in years past) and a hard way to build any momentum for a team with a new QB at the helm and a defense that really struggled last year. That is the price you pay when you have to play those games to have the money for the scholarships right away as opposed to the slow climb like SDSU chose.

On a related note - did anyone notice in the original argus article where Coach Meierkort gave the quote: “The DakotaDome is great place for us to play and it’s exciting to see Northern Iowa, Northern Colorado, North Dakota and Cal Poly come to the Dome so our fans can see quality FCS football,” I know it's the lawyer in me, but did Coach Meierkort just smack his own program? USD football is not quality FCS football? Also, note the jab Meierkort throws out there that it takes some schools 5 years to schedule FBS schools.

Here's the link to the original article.
                  http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...DATES/91222024
                  "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum View Post
                    I will agree that is a brutal schedule. Good for them in finally stepping up. I'm not sure its a good thing to schedule two FBS schools to start the season. It's a good way to start the season off on a bad note (something we can attest to at SDSU in years past) and a hard way to build any momentum for a team with a new QB at the helm and a defense that really struggled last year. That is the price you pay when you have to play those games to have the money for the scholarships right away as opposed to the slow climb like SDSU chose.

On a related note - did anyone notice in the original argus article where Coach Meierkort gave the quote: “The DakotaDome is great place for us to play and it’s exciting to see Northern Iowa, Northern Colorado, North Dakota and Cal Poly come to the Dome so our fans can see quality FCS football,” I know it's the lawyer in me, but did Coach Meierkort just smack his own program? USD football is not quality FCS football? Also, note the jab Meierkort throws out there that it takes some schools 5 years to schedule FBS schools.

Here's the link to the original article.
                    http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...DATES/91222024

I took it as him saying they're not playing Bill Penn and Glorified High School U any more... This is a darned good schedule for the Yotes. For the sake of future competition and rivalries, this Jacks' fan will be cheering for them to do well...

Comment

Working...
                    X