Bison Radio Rights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bison Radio Rights

Wasn't sure where to put this, but an interesting article in the Fargo Forum on the bidding for the rights to broadcast Bison sports.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Re: Bison Radio Rights

NDSU agrees to a six year deal with Radio Fargo-Moorhead....

http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.d...CLID=204919013

Our broadcast team will thankfully remain the same, perhaps the most interesting aspect of this is that Radio FM ripped up their existing contract with UND and only provided them a two hour notice before the press conference to announce they were giving NDSU their flagship station.

Comment

Fargo:

I cannot recall which radio station carried NDSU last season.

What is your best guess on what UND will do to replace KFGO?

I'm in Watertown, SD and we pick up KFGO -- it's not a perfect signal but good enough to figure out game scores etc.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
        Fargo:

I cannot recall which radio station carried NDSU last season.

What is your best guess on what UND will do to replace KFGO?

I'm in Watertown, SD and we pick up KFGO -- it's not a perfect signal but good enough to figure out game scores etc.
        We were on 970 WDAY last year. My guess is that UND either moves to WDAY or the political talk station 1100 The Flag. Both put in bids for NDSU's rights and lost out, WDAY is very bitter about how this played out. Radio FM pretty much stole their biggest asset and then took their most talented play by play guy in Scotty Miller.

Comment

FargoBison: I have a hard time following which announcers work for which station up there...which ones are liked and disliked by Bisonville regulars.

I understand Scott Miller will stay the voice of the Bison, moving with the Bison from WDAY to KFGO.

People named Hammer and Heitkamp....who are they with? It appears they're bad guys in the view of Bisonville.

Glad we have WNAX. Very powerful station and we've had a steady relationship that, with just the exception of a year or two, goes back decades (50 years or so?) I've listened to SDSU games on WNAX in Fargo, after watching a track meet at the BSA and then driving back to SD.

Anyway, good to hear the Bison have the station they want.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
            FargoBison: I have a hard time following which announcers work for which station up there...which ones are liked and disliked by Bisonville regulars.

I understand Scott Miller will stay the voice of the Bison, moving with the Bison from WDAY to KFGO.

People named Hammer and Heitkamp....who are they with? It appears they're bad guys in the view of Bisonville.

Glad we have WNAX. Very powerful station and we've had a steady relationship that, with just the exception of a year or two, goes back decades (50 years or so?) I've listened to SDSU games on WNAX in Fargo, after watching a track meet at the BSA and then driving back to SD.

Anyway, good to hear the Bison have the station they want.
            Hammer is the sports director at Radio FM and is the voice of the Sioux. Heitkamp is the station manager and hosts a statewide news show M-F.

I think Hammer will still be allowed to call Sioux games, his contract would be through UND and not whichever radio station picks them up.

Bisonville doesn't like Hammer or Heitkamp. Hammer probably because he just loves to talk about the Sioux(which is probably natural being their radio guy) and Heitkamp spent three months hammering away at our former President Chapman due to a person squabble the two had. Mike McFeely, another Bisonville favorite, also hosts a show M-F on KFGO.

Comment

Working...
            X