Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: FCS championship game...siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh

Originally posted by Cowbell View Post
    I wanted Montana to win. That said, I took comfort watching what happened in the second half - the scene was familiar (blow a lead, not being able to move the ball, etc). I wanted Griz fans to experience our pain. Yes, it was selfish on my part.

Now that you mention it. This.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
      You know why the Griz can't win the championship is because they actually have to travel. Of course their AD is trying to buy that game too.

No kidding. I wonder what their road playoff record is over the last ten years.

Comment

Anyone been over at their board to feel their pain like some of them came on here to help Jacks fans with theirs?

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
          Griz up 14-3 after another long drive. Looks like Villanova is in for a long night.
          I made nearly the same statement to my wife at about the 14-3 point in the game and my wife reminded me of what she said when I was talking confidently of an SDSU win over Montana: there's a lot of time left.

Villanova appeared to make the right adjustments and by the end of the game, looked like a very good football team.

Comment

Re: Montana vs. Villanova - FCS National Championship

I merged the two threads on the FCS title game.

I should have DVR'd the game. I would be interesting to watch the second half again and try to figure out what adjustments were made by Villanove and whether Montana started making mistakes. My sense is that Montana didn't make mistakes -- Villanova started playing a lot smarter, exploiting weaknesses and avoiding Montana's strengths (one side of Montana's defensive line had to be a lot more tired at the end of the game!). Good coaching by Villanova. That's not a knock on Montana.

Comment

Re: Montana vs. Villanova - FCS National Championship

Montana has now lost more title games than the Minnesota Vikings.

No smack intended--or at least no smack that is not simultaneously rueful and self-deprecating. (as I am a Vikings fan)

Comment

Working...
              X