Gophers offer Derek Farniok

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gophers offer Derek Farniok

Derek Farniok, a 6-foot-8, 302 pound junior left tackle from Sioux Falls (SD) Washington, received a Minnesota scholarship offer last Saturday after attending the Michigan State game. Farniok has helped lead the Warriors to an 11-0 mark.

Re: Gophers offer Derek Farniok

Kind of figured he would be heading out of state to a BCS school.
    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
    - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
      Looks like his brother is heading to Iowa State, probably too soon to know if they want to play together.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post

Just 'cause there's an offer shouldn't mean he's gone. Exhibit A: Jordan Dykstra.
        Time to disabuse of this Greener Pastures stuff.

Comment

6'8" 302 lb junior..............are you kidding me? That's the size of two lineman combined when I was a junior.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
            Just 'cause there's an offer shouldn't mean he's gone. Exhibit A: Jordan Dykstra.
            Isn't he basketball? It's not uncommon to do turn down bigger schools for basketball but it is for football.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
              To each their own as far as greener pastures are concerned (to me, SDSU is a lot greener than U of M... but that could be due to all the concrete and asphalt in downtown Minneapolis ), but with Dykstra, there were key factors that helped SDSU land him (high school teammate/friend coming here, closest DI proximity, etc...) and I don't really see that with Farniok. He has the size and the ability to play major college football and now he has at least one offer to do so, and with his brother taking an offer from Iowa State, I could see him wanting to be at least on par with his brother in terms of level of play at the collegiate level (we all know how competitive siblings can be).

I'd love to see him play his college ball at SDSU, but I am certainly not anticipating it.
              If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
              - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by OtownJack View Post
                6'8" 302 lb junior..............are you kidding me? That's the size of two lineman combined when I was a junior.
                Give him 3 years and he would be bigger than anyone on UNI's line.

Comment

This has all been real neat to me......

About 18 or so years ago the Farnioks moved here b/c my dad gave their dad (Brad) a job. My dad was/is good friends w/ their grandpa (Garland).

It's been neat seeing these boys grow up and grow into some of the most highly recruited footballers Sioux Falls has ever seen. And there are still two more to go!

The Farniok/Reeves families are truly great people.

Comment

Working...
                  X