Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crazy recruiting

http://highschool.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=997693

Apparently, OU has brought in out-of-state recruits to graduate from nearby high schools. They get them in a program that is similar to theirs, keep a close eye on them, and the kid gets to live like a king for commiting to the local big time program. Not sure how much is conjecture by opposing programs, but this article kind of backs some of that up.

The team has been placed under a warning until the end of July 2010 for the treatment of University of Oklahoma recruit Jarrett Lake, but Jenks currently remains eligible for postseason play.

Allan Trimble Lake, who moved from Virginia to the Jenks district last season, was ineligible but participated in eight games last season. It is unclear why Jenks had to forfeit the ninth win.

According to a report submitted to the Oklahoma Secondary School Activities Association by Jenks High School, Trimble violated residency rules when he arranged for Lake to reside in the Jenks district.

"Jarrett was not only allowed to live with a representative of the Jenks football program (Mr. Clyde "Red" Griffith) who was not his parent or guardian, but this living arrangement was facilitated by the head coach, who obtained the lease form and prepared the lease provisions," the report submitted to the OSSAA said.

The report also indicated that Lake, before his move to Oklahoma, was academically ineligible to play at his previous school in Virginia.

http://highschool.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=997693
    One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Re: Crazy recruiting

I was at OU for three years. Nothing would surprise me about that program. Nothing.
    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I'm not really surprised by anything that happens in college recruiting these days.

Comment

Since is was a self-suspension, can he reinstate himself upon further review of the evidence? What a crock. The AD and asst coach are hanging out there, but he has nerve to say he has to be accountable. Oh wait, he said he has to be accountable like his players are. Probably fits.

Apologies to the players of the team as I would guess the vast majority are fine young men

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Working...
        X