Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want a refund???

http://www.everydayshouldbesaturday....ord-seriously/

story about oregon coach chip kelly and a fan.

Re: Want a refund???

Originally posted by jacks nl View Post
    http://www.everydayshouldbesaturday....ord-seriously/

story about oregon coach chip kelly and a fan.
    Wow. Interesting story indeed.
    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

I suppose if one of us on the board was as disappointed as this fan with his team and put out travel costs to see the game, would we dare email Coach Stig? I won't not but there were times when we have lost on the road, that you wished you had stayed home, but I can't say I wasted money in making the trip. There was alway something new along the way that I never experienced. I would suspect most of us would agree about out of town trips. The four ot loss in McComb Ill comes to mind, but did anyone ask for their money back? I listened on the radio, so can claim travel.

My hats off to Coach Kelly and the class he showed for handling this situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
        I suppose if one of us on the board was as disappointed as this fan with his team and put out travel costs to see the game, would we dare email Coach Stig? I won't not but there were times when we have lost on the road, that you wished you had stayed home, but I can't say I wasted money in making the trip. There was alway something new along the way that I never experienced. I would suspect most of us would agree about out of town trips. The four ot loss in McComb Ill comes to mind, but did anyone ask for their money back? I listened on the radio, so can claim travel.

My hats off to Coach Kelly and the class he showed for handling this situation.

and i bet the rest of the ncaa football coaches, dont agree with you. what will this lead to at other universities. i think coach kelly is an idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
          and i bet the rest of the ncaa football coaches, dont agree with you. what will this lead to at other universities. i think coach kelly is an idiot.
          I heard today that the check was actually sent back to Coach Kelly, but still I wonder how many letters will be sent to other coaches asking for money back. That sucks, I'm sure that's the last thing they want to be dealing with.
          The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

To think this guy(Coach Kelly) is going to start a rash of refunds of some sort is equally idiotic. Its not likely to happen. It was about Oregan losing to a lesser Boise State and not playing a respectable game. This is why I thought Coach Kelly was classy. He was trying to save a booster and maybe his job. I would do the same thing if I were in his shoes. I dont think I am an idiot either.

Comment

To think this guy(Coach Kelly) is going to start a rash of refunds of some sort is equally idiotic. Its not likely to happen. It was about Oregan losing to a lesser Boise State and not playing a respectable game. This is why I thought Coach Kelly was classy. He was trying to save a booster and maybe his job. I would do the same thing if I were in his shoes. I dont think I am an idiot either.
              Its not going to set off a chain reaction of coaches paying out refunds, but the publicity over this event probably has already prompted a boat load of idiots to write letters to coaches hoping for a check in the return mail.
              The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

/
                Originally posted by JackrabbitGuy View Post
                Its not going to set off a chain reaction of coaches paying out refunds, but the publicity over this event probably has already prompted a boat load of idiots to write letters to coaches hoping for a check in the return mail.
                Lets face it, this is all about anger. The coach did not respond with anger, and that what I see as a class act by the coach. So what else is new? Idiots that are angry write letters every day. I used to be one of those, but someone, who many of us know, reminded me of an Abe Lincoln story where a Presidential Aide once wrote an angry letter and wanted to send under Lincoln's signature to the person he was angry at. If I recall correctly the orginal letter was an attack on Abe Lincoln. The contents would have embarrased Abe and resolved nothing. Abe made the Aide read his letter out load and by the time he was done, he felt very foolish. Some of my most angry letters written since that time are never sent especially those to people who opposed the move to D1 a few years back and posted their comments publically in the media.

In fact I confess there have been posts to this board that have been quickly deleted upon a second read. I said all I need to say about Coach Kelly. I dont have a problem with what he did in sending the booster his refund of travel costs.

Comment

i first heard the story on mike and mike in the morning. their opinion was similar to mine. and i dont think their opinions are idiotic too often.

Comment

i first heard the story on mike and mike in the morning. their opinion was similar to mine. and i dont think their opinions are idiotic too often.

I heard this talked about on their show also. They made WAAAYY to big a deal out of it and what the rest of the coaches in the nation would think.

As far as the rest of the coaches being mad about what Kelly did. I've got some advice for them if they ever get a similar letter. Throw the letter away. Easy as that.

Coach Kelly just decided to handle it differently and I can't fault him for that. I can honestly see Stig doing the same thing.

Go Jacks!!
                    SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
                      I heard this talked about on their show also. They made WAAAYY to big a deal out of it and what the rest of the coaches in the nation would think.

As far as the rest of the coaches being mad about what Kelly did. I've got some advice for them if they ever get a similar letter. Throw the letter away. Easy as that.

Coach Kelly just decided to handle it differently and I can't fault him for that. I can honestly see Stig doing the same thing.

Go Jacks!!
                      If the angry letter had come from a generous booster and he did not want the booster to go away in angerly fashion, Stig would probably do something similar. If Stig was making what Kelly is making, I think he would very likely write this same check for 700 dollars. Its about treating boosters with class even when they are angry.

For the record I did write Coach Stig an angry letter the first year of his career as head coach, and he did respond, to my letter which was very critically cruel and made references to not measuring up to his precessor, but Stig took time to defend himself in a classy manner and in doing so I felt very very small. Since then Stig has been my good friend despite of my nasty letter and he very happily accepted my apology. I think the Oregan fan has experienced something similar. The media has has fun with this story.

Comment

Oregan losing to a lesser Boise State
                        I don't agree with that statement at all.
                        Originally posted by JackFan96
                        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
                          I don't agree with that statement at all.
                          I saying this from the angry fan's point of view. I have no knowledge of either teams ability. So actually you are disagreeing with the angry fan from Oregan and not me.

Comment

I saying this from the angry fan's point of view. I have no knowledge of either teams ability. So actually you are disagreeing with the angry fan from Oregan and not me.
                            Well you didn't make that clear at all in your post, and if you read mine I said nothing about disagreeing with you. I said I disagreed with that statement.

Originally posted by JackFan96
                            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
                              Well you didn't make that clear at all in your post, and if you read mine I said nothing about disagreeing with you. I said I disagreed with that statement.

Is there something else we can discuss?

Comment

Working...
                              X