This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• South Dakotas Team huh?

Shortly after SDSU decided to make the move to D1 the USD people came out w/ a new slogan saying they were "South Dakotas Team". A banner reading just that still hangs in the dumpstack (The DakotaDome). The meaning behind the saying was that now that SDSU went D1 they were going to stop recruiting South Dakota kids. Good ol' USD would be there to make sure local kids had a chance to play in state. The claim that SDSU would forget about South Dakota kids was just one of the many blind swings hurled by USD...a school who now "bravely" throws their hat into the D1 ring.

So what is the count some 5 years later?

In the three major sports SDSU has 35 SD kids, USD has 33. The impressive thing about SDSU's number is the success of the womens basketball team and the nationally ranked football team.

In total, including all sports offered at both schools, SDSU boasts 189 SD kids, USD just 119.

Who is "South Dakotas Team"?

Re: South Dakotas Team huh?

Awesome thread.
    Originally posted by JackFan96
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Loser thread. Whatever.

Enjoy the Beef Bowl, I hope you guys pound Indiana State.

Comment

ALL:

We have a section for smack.

This isn't it.

People are going to start getting temporary or permanent bans--depending on the moderators' mood--for smacking in non-smack threads.

All board posters should consider this a general warning.
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
        X