Upper iowa a.d.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upper iowa a.d.

I don't want to get booted out, and I am not sure why UNO can't be mentioned in smack section, but I do want to address JackMd comments.

The AD at Nebraska Omaha left there to take the job at Upper Iowa. Upper Iowa is in Fayette, Iowa. Upper Iowa was a former NCAA III school, and is now D-II. They are part of Northern Sun conference where many of the former NCC schools landed after breakup.

Nebraska Omaha is a tough place to be an AD. Too many chiefs down there. Not a place of high integrity.

Anyway, I wanted to answer JackMd question.

Re: Upper iowa a.d.

The board was suffering an infestation from one or more UNO backers which culminated in an astonishingly inappropriate comment which "humorously" linked SDSU to the mall attack that killed eight in Omaha in 2007.

So:
    all discussion of Nebraska-Omaha athletics is also permanently banned unless directly relating to SDSU athletics -- i.e. discussing an athletic contest between SDSU and UNO, or discussing actual common opponents in the same season between the two schools.
    The thread in question:
    http://sdsufans.com/board/showthread.php?t=6179
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

ha ha.. you wabbits are funny..

that is obsurd. seems like an isolated incident.

Comment

Originally posted by Lakesbison View Post
        ha ha.. you wabbits are funny..

that is obsurd. seems like an isolated incident.
        No this is not an isolated incident. The individual registered three times on this board and made a fake dialogue of Maverick fans when in fact it was only one person. I communicated with this individual off the board. He has brothers and uncles etc that have represented UNO on the football field. His family has many ties and are loyal to UNO. In fact they are unique in that sense. He had such a strange attitude towards SDSU and their move to D1. Some how SDSU would never be able to make it at this level because Brookings was in his opinion right dead smack in a cornfield, and full of narrow minded people who would never accept athletes of color. This guy was a trouble maker in more ways than one. He makes Lakebison appear angelical.

He thought he was having fun with us and at times he was, but when he brought of the mass shooting at the Omaha mall and tried to make that a joke about SDSU, I think the moderators acted appropriately. Perhaps they even gave this individual too much rope.

BTW, what yoteforever forgot to mention was that the prior AD at UNO Mr. Herbster was released and subsequently hired by USD and is now their chief fund raiser for athletics.

Comment

OK OK.. i just thought it was a bit drastic.

NO uno talk! but I digress. ok novajack??

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
            I don't want to get booted out, and I am not sure why UNO can't be mentioned in smack section, but I do want to address JackMd comments.

The AD at Nebraska Omaha left there to take the job at Upper Iowa. Upper Iowa is in Fayette, Iowa. Upper Iowa was a former NCAA III school, and is now D-II. They are part of Northern Sun conference where many of the former NCC schools landed after breakup.

Nebraska Omaha is a tough place to be an AD. Too many chiefs down there. Not a place of high integrity.

Anyway, I wanted to answer JackMd question.
            I was trying to be humorous regarding the UNO issues which plagued the board for way too long many years ago. At times it was laughable but mostly it was inappropriate.

I visited with Mr. Herbster and Mr. Nielsen at the Summit league conference tourney, they were seated next to me. They seemed to be enjoying themselves although I didn't see them cheering much when the Jackrabbits defeated ORU.

I am well aware of Upper Iowa (the Peacocks) and their recent move to DII and membership in the Northern Sun. We had many discussions about the direction DII was headed and the inclusion of an "on-line" university (sure they have 6000 students on their campus but few are traditional) in regional conferences while we were headed towards DI conference affiliation.

My point, apparently completely missed, was that we have certainly moved on from the days when UNO supporters were mocking us for moving to DI. Sorry I missed the mark. I remember discussing these things with Dr. Oien in detail back in those early days of the transition. I'm curious to hear what Fred thinks about this move.

Hope I'm not out-of-line, just trying to clarify my smack post.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
              No this is not an isolated incident. The individual registered three times on this board and made a fake dialogue of Maverick fans when in fact it was only one person. I communicated with this individual off the board. He has brothers and uncles etc that have represented UNO on the football field. His family has many ties and are loyal to UNO. In fact they are unique in that sense. He had such a strange attitude towards SDSU and their move to D1. Some how SDSU would never be able to make it at this level because Brookings was in his opinion right dead smack in a cornfield, and full of narrow minded people who would never accept athletes of color. This guy was a trouble maker in more ways than one. He makes Lakebison appear angelical.

He thought he was having fun with us and at times he was, but when he brought of the mass shooting at the Omaha mall and tried to make that a joke about SDSU, I think the moderators acted appropriately. Perhaps they even gave this individual too much rope.

BTW, what yoteforever forgot to mention was that the prior AD at UNO Mr. Herbster was released and subsequently hired by USD and is now their chief fund raiser for athletics.
              Mr. Herbster indeed was at UNO, and is now the head of fund raising at USD. Mr. Herbster is a class act and we are fortunate to have him.

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                Mr. Herbster indeed was at UNO, and is now the head of fund raising at USD. Mr. Herbster is a class act and we are fortunate to have him.
                I agree. I think Mr. Nielsen probably fits this description as well although I haven't dealt with him in a professional setting. I think USD athletics is in good hands.
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                X