New USD Offensive Coordinator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New USD Offensive Coordinator

USD's quarterback 2002-05, Wes Beschorner, named today as the new Offensive Coordinator. He's moving up from serving as the Coyote's Quarterbacks' Coach in 2008, runningbacks coach in 07, and wide receivers in 06.

Re: New USD Offensive Coordinator

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
    USD's quarterback 2002-05, Wes Beschorner, named today as the new Offensive Coordinator. He's moving up from serving as the Coyote's Quarterbacks' Coach in 2008, runningbacks coach in 07, and wide receivers in 06.
    It was just announced that USD would change back to the same style of offense that they ran when Glen Caruso was OC and Wes was quarterback. It was an offense that was record setting and very explosive. Definately one where the DB's have to play back a few yards.
    How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
      It was just announced that USD would change back to the same style of offense that they ran when Glen Caruso was OC and Wes was quarterback. It was an offense that was record setting and very explosive. Definately one where the DB's have to play back a few yards.
      USD has a lot of talented offensive players. They moved the ball well last year in their FCS games. Should be even better this year. But the competition is better, too. USD has a pretty competitive schedule set up.
      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I think the most difficult thing USD will have to adjust to in the next couple of years, starting this year, is having to play D1 games nearly every week and not having any weeks off to rest both physically and mentally for the next big game. If there is one thing I think many USD fans might overlook it is that fact. USD had many easy weeks last year that they won't see going forward. I don't question as much that they can step up and compete in D1 my biggest question is can they do it every week. That is actually the second step to the transition. They proved they can compete with and win (on one occassion) against D1 schools. Now they need to be able to win or at least be competitive consistantly.
        How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
          I think the most difficult thing USD will have to adjust to in the next couple of years, starting this year, is having to play D1 games nearly every week and not having any weeks off to rest both physically and mentally for the next big game. If there is one thing I think many USD fans might overlook it is that fact. USD had many easy weeks last year that they won't see going forward. I don't question as much that they can step up and compete in D1 my biggest question is can they do it every week. That is actually the second step to the transition. They proved they can compete with and win (on one occassion) against D1 schools. Now they need to be able to win or at least be competitive consistantly.
          I would agree with that. The increase in scholarship numbers helps that immensely too. More players that are legitimate, talented FCS players results in a narrower gap from first string to second string when the schedule really starts to grind and injuries may become a factor. Depth is key to sustained weekly success.
          "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
          "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Working...
          X