Tennessee WBB on the Ropes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tennessee WBB on the Ropes

Wow . . . Tennessee has never lost a 1st Round game (or a second since the field expanded to 64) and they are trailing Ball State 52-44 with under 8 minutes to play.

Re: Tennessee WBB on the Ropes

Ball State leads 56-46 with 5:57 play; this could be an ugly night at filbert's house

Comment

Fun game to watch: Ball State 61-51 with 3:33 to go ...

BTW: Clay Matvick doing play-by-play. Thought the voice was familiar. If I remember correctly, he started at KDLT and moved on to FSN North. Not a bad gig, even if it's freelance work.
      "You trusted us"

Comment

Originally posted by AnimalHouse83 View Post
        Fun game to watch: Ball State 61-51 with 3:33 to go ...

BTW: Clay Matvick doing play-by-play. Thought the voice was familiar. If I remember correctly, he started at KDLT and moved on to FSN North. Not a bad gig, even if it's freelance work.
        Nice catch! I knew he sounded familiar. . . anyway, Ball State is up 68-51 with 1:26 left as Tennessee has resorted to desperation shots and fouling.

Comment

FINAL: Ball State 71, Tennessee 55

And that is why they play the games. What a huge win for the Cardinals! Think Letterman will have something to say about this tomorrow night?
          "You trusted us"

Comment

I wonder what life with Snookums is like today, Anybody seen or heard from him today?

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post
              I wonder what life with Snookums is like today, Anybody seen or heard from him today?
              Life is good. She's a Jackrabbit fan, too.
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

That is good, we worried that you may have had to go full supportive husband mode and were not allowed to celebrate.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

I prescribe a dose of Rabbit Therapy for all suffering Lady Vol fans . . .
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

As Tennessee's season unfolded, Coach Summitt made a few comments which suggested she questioned the dedication of this year's team or at least, some of the members of this year's team. Following last night's loss, the same comments came out: some didn't spend enough time in the gym; we'll see what they do in the off season; etc.

I don't think there'll be a lot of smiling faces when official practice starts next year for the Vols. I'll bet Summitt either drives them back to winning some games in the tourney or she'll drive some of the less-industrious team members out the door.

I wish Coach Summitt had been adding color commentary during last night's game. I have to believe she would have been very impressed with the Jackrabbits and it would have been interesting to hear her analysis.

Comment

Working...
                    X