Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chizik to Auburn

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3767115

That didn't take him long to jump ship. I thought he was starting to turn things around down there, they weren't winning many but they were getting closer.

Re: Chizik to Auburn

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
    http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3767115

That didn't take him long to jump ship. I thought he was starting to turn things around down there, they weren't winning many but they were getting closer.
    I would have to disagree. Iowa State is the doormat of the Big 12 (and the Baylor fans cheer "we're number 11, we're number 11!") They are 5-19 in the last two years. That isn't turning things around much. He got out of there as fast as he could.
    "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
    "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
      I would have to disagree. Iowa State is the doormat of the Big 12 (and the Baylor fans cheer "we're number 11, we're number 11!") They are 5-19 in the last two years. That isn't turning things around much. He got out of there as fast as he could.
      I didn't realize it was that bad, maybe he wasn't turning things around like I thought. Auburn fans are going to be pissed they got rid of Tuberville for him.

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
        I didn't realize it was that bad, maybe he wasn't turning things around like I thought. Auburn fans are going to be pissed they got rid of Tuberville for him.
        Yeah, they aren't good. That's what makes losing to them the way we did frustrating. They are still a Big 12 team, but we were much better than we showed that evening.
        "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
        "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Only spoke to one avid fan down here in clone land and he was very dissapointed. They had some bright spots with some good recruiting years and decent true freshman talent playing. Given where they were in the past I think they were ready to be patient.

But, he understood that if this was Chizik's dream job, but it still stinks...

Comment

Working...
          X