then faces winner of

Richmond host EKU

Re: Play-Off Selection Sunday

SIU host UNH

then plays winner of

UNI(3) hosts MAINE (SHOCK!)

Comment

UNI gets a 3 seed? That seems wrong but the selection committee has spoken.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

when do they set the times/dates?

Comment

4 CAA teams get at large bids. I have a feeling the stinking NE bias is going to make me crazy in the future. You see this and it makes it even clearer why we aren't ranked properly in the coaches polls. Stinking east coast arrogance.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

I think Maine was 8-4. Its never advisable to wonder but I wonder if it would have been us instead of Maine if we would have beaten SIU and tied for the MVFC title with a 7-1 conference record and 8-4 overall with all our losses against teams with a high GPIs or if they would have left us out anyways.

I like to think we would have gotten the nod with SIU for 3 MVFC teams but with the east coast bias it probably would have been SIU out and Maine and William and Mary in. We will never know.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
              SIU host UNH

then plays winner of

UNI(3) hosts MAINE (SHOCK!)
              The game would be in UNI for sure right? I'm guessing the seeded team gets the home game, hence the benefit of being seeded.

If that the case UNI is headed for the championship game if they can get past Maine, and they should.

SIU should win at home but they have been shaky at best the last 6 quarters.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                UNI gets a 3 seed? That seems wrong but the selection committee has spoken.
                I guess the MVFC is still pretty reputable if the at-large from the conference gets a seed and SIU doesn't. It sucks if both of those two win in the first round that they will meet already in the second round. If they meet in the second round, the winner probably gets App. State, yikes!

Poly should get their rematch with Montana in the 2nd round with the winner probably going to play James Madison.

I'm cheering for the MVFC teams and Poly. I don't think UNI or SIU can make the title game because App. State is way good, but watch out for Poly as long as they don't have to rely on their kicker too much.

Comment

I think Poly's kicker will be their downfall; if he comes through they have a really good shot at getting to the finals.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Jeez, McNeese really went in the hole after the miracle at CAS. Texas State being the qualifier out of the conference. I'm not positive without checking, but Central Arkansas may have won the conference, but I know they're not playoff eligible until next year. They have done very well in their transition.

Comment

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post
                      Jeez, McNeese really went in the hole after the miracle at CAS. Texas State being the qualifier out of the conference. I'm not positive without checking, but Central Arkansas may have won the conference, but I know they're not playoff eligible until next year. They have done very well in their transition.
                      Central Arkansas did win the conference but they could not be crowned conference champions because they are not eligible for the post-season. If they would have been named champions the conference would have had to give up the autobid. So Texas St. is the conference champion and gets the autobid. Kind of a lame rule.

Comment

Central Arkansas did win the conference but they could not be crowned conference champions because they are not eligible for the post-season. If they would have been named champions the conference would have had to give up the autobid. So Texas St. is the conference champion and gets the autobid. Kind of a lame rule.
                        Texas State is going to get rolled in Missoula.

Comment

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post
                          Texas State is going to get rolled in Missoula.

I was looking at the Bracket, and with one more win SDSU would've gotten in and I'm thinking this is where the Jacks would've ended up. Texas St. would've gotten moved to Maine's spot against UNI and Maine would've been out.
                          Would've been a tough 1st round game, but would've been fun to see our boys get another chance to beat Montana.

I would like to see the records of the teams in the Playoffs, when you throw out "Non-Counters". Haven't had time to do it myself. I'd like this info before I can let myself make an argument for SDSU in at 7-5 over a 8-4 team playing Non-counters...if there are any.

Oh, soooo close, yet so far away.

Go Jacks!!

Edit:
                          Just checked Maine's website. No Non-Counter losses and that's the only at-large team I would even consider, so the answer to my question is at 7-5, NO WAY, but at 8-4 we had the best OOC schedule in FCS, so ABSOLUTELY.
                          And for NDSU fans, if you think you deserved to get in at 7-4 over an 8-4 Maine, if the refs wouldn't have stolen away that game from you Saturday night...the cold weather and lack of year-around sun in Fargo has finally gotten to you!!
                          SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

There were several teams with 9 and 10 wins left out. That said, I think the Jackrabbits are one of the top 16 teams in FCS. However, we didn't beat SIU or UNI and therefore both are more deserving. Should there be more playoff spots, there is going to be.

Comment

There were several teams with 9 and 10 wins left out. That said, I think the Jackrabbits are one of the top 16 teams in FCS. However, we didn't beat SIU or UNI and therefore both are more deserving. Should there be more playoff spots, there is going to be.
                              Yes, But....

At 8-4, 7-1 tied with UNI for the MVFC, we'd be play-off bound, likely MT.

Missing with more wins -

Liberty - 2 non-counters, bad loss to Presby.
                              Jax St. - Lost two OT games to EKU/UT-M (played for OVC title)
                              William & Mary - Solid choice - but finished with 3 losses.
                              Elon - finished with 2 losses.
                              SWAC teams (Prairie View A&M) - had two non-counters.
                              MEAC teams - no "good wins"
                              Patriot - like Southland, no way.

To me Maine was the only "questionable" choice, but they clearly were one of five in the mix.

Comment

Working...
                              X