Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cal Poly's chances

Cal Poly vs. Wisconsin this weekend.

It is apparent the difference from FCS to FBS by scores this year between the two. Poly plays a way different offense from any Big 10 team (Illinois maybe a little) which could be a problem for the Badgers and Wisconsin has struggled this year after being a preseason top-10 team.

I'm a Big 10 fan (maybe Big Blue can salvage something against the Yuckeyes tomorrow, but I doubt it), but I would like to see the Mustangs pull something out. Dalley's efficient and Barden is probably one of the top 3 receivers the Badgers will see all year but.....30-20 Badgers.

This shouldn't cost Poly a playoff spot and if they win they could and should get the 3 or 4 seed with Appy and J.M. being the top two.

Re: Cal Poly's chances

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post
    Cal Poly vs. Wisconsin this weekend.

It is apparent the difference from FCS to FBS by scores this year between the two. Poly plays a way different offense from any Big 10 team (Illinois maybe a little) which could be a problem for the Badgers and Wisconsin has struggled this year after being a preseason top-10 team.

I'm a Big 10 fan (maybe Big Blue can salvage something against the Yuckeyes tomorrow, but I doubt it), but I would like to see the Mustangs pull something out. Dalley's efficient and Barden is probably one of the top 3 receivers the Badgers will see all year but.....30-20 Badgers.

This shouldn't cost Poly a playoff spot and if they win they could and should get the 3 or 4 seed with Appy and J.M. being the top two.
    Unfortunately, the Cal Poly placekicker missed a winning 25-yd FG against Montana. Montana lost only 1 game this season, to Weber St. Weber St has not lost a FCS game. Therefore, the order of seeds JUST OF THOSE THREE is Weber>Montana>Cal Poly.

Toss in Villanova's great year, lost to WVA, and a caught hail mary by JMU to lose by 4. That's it.

SIU/UNI may deserve a seed.

Poly could get a seed if Weber loses occur. Or they can assure a seed by having two (of only three) FCS over FBS wins for the year. That, with a loss to a team high ranked, like App St. loss to JMU, gets them a seed.

Comment

Cal Poly has a really good shot at winning this weekend. Wisconsin's running game will be the deciding factor. If they can establish it against Poly, and I think they will, they will take control of the game. But, Wisconsin's D is below average. Also, Wisconsin is without their All-American TE and have had really poor QB play this season.

I'm not sold that Poly can stop the Badgers because they are big and run the ball well. I'd say a realistic score will be Poly 21, Badgers 42. But, I would love to see Poly 28, Badgers 20 or something like that.
      "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum View Post
        Cal Poly has a really good shot at winning this weekend. Wisconsin's running game will be the deciding factor. If they can establish it against Poly, and I think they will, they will take control of the game. But, Wisconsin's D is below average. Also, Wisconsin is without their All-American TE and have had really poor QB play this season.

I'm not sold that Poly can stop the Badgers because they are big and run the ball well. I'd say a realistic score will be Poly 21, Badgers 42. But, I would love to see Poly 28, Badgers 20 or something like that.
        If Poly wins, it's because of it's challenging offensive system and a LOT of POTENT Weapons this year.

Comment

I'm not betting on Poly. Wisconsin would have to lay a pretty big egg, thats no disrespect to CP, they have a great team but they shouldn't beat the Badgers in Wisconsin (or in Cali for that matter)
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Cal Poly up 20-14 at the half!

Comment

Cal Poly leads 23-14 with 2:32 left in the third quarter.
              Is is always a good day to ride.

Comment

Originally posted by WIJack View Post
                Cal Poly leads 23-14 with 2:32 left in the third quarter.
                Poly holds 23-21 lead going into 4th quarter.

Wis owns the 4th best 4 year home record in all of D-I, 28-3. Cal Poly wins this, they're seeded. Should be #1 or #2 with 2 FBS wins, but that MT loss looms big.

Comment

Re: Dakota Marker Game

Cal Poly is up 29-21 on Wisconsin with a little under 7 minutes to go.
                  EDIT: Cal Poly has missed 2 xp's in the game, hopefully that doesn't cost them down the stretch as they lead by just one TD and 2pt conversion.

Indiana State just missed getting its first win of the year and breaking their long losing streak as they lost in OT to Missouri State 27-24.

Southern Illinois beat Illinois State 17-10 in overtime to clinch the MVC autobid.

Youngstown State surprised Western Illinois to drop WIU to 4-4 in the MVC as they won 31-28.

Northen Iowa beat Southern Utah 34-24.

Comment

Cal Poly looks like they are manhandling Wisconsin. They have 243 yards rushing and lead the time of posession 38 minutes to 17.

Comment

12 seconds left in Wisconsin. Score tied at 29. Cal Poly about to try a game-winning field goal from 45 yards out (would be their season long).
                      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

FG no good. Ellerson should have recruited a kicker. Wisconsin throws a pick. Time runs out. Heading to OT at Camp Randall.
                        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                          FG no good. Ellerson should have recruited a kicker. Heading to OT at Camp Randall.
                          Wow. That's too bad. Hope they can still pull it out. Also can anyone direct me to where I need to go to watch the game online? Thanks for the help.
                          "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                          "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Poly has the ball first. First play, Dally to Barden, TD. Extra point missed (third extra point miss of the day). Uh oh. Seriously, Ellerson, get a freaking kicker.
                            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Wisconsin scores. Extra point forthcoming. When they make it, they win. Cal Poly GAVE this game away because they don't have a kicker. Seriously, who misses three extra points? And they were misses, just plain bad kicks. If I was a Cal Poly fan, I'd want Ellerson's head on a stick.

Extra point. Good. Wisconsin wins.
                              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Working...
                              X