UCDavis v UND

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UCDavis v UND

UCDavis 24, North Dakota 14 with 9:24 remaining in the 3rd quarter.

Lots of time left in this game but I'm betting Davis wins (and I hope so, too).

Re: UCDavis v UND

Final
    UCDavis 34, UND 21

Comment

Poly is winning 69-34 over SUU with 4 min left in game.

OVER 100 points total!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
        Final
        UCDavis 34, UND 21
        Is it just me or are the two allegedly "better prepared and positioned for FCS" UxDs showing that they were not very prepared for FCS.
        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
          Is it just me or are the two allegedly "better prepared and positioned for FCS" UxDs showing that they were not very prepared for FCS.
          Its definitely not the NCC and if they were prepared they would be ringing up big wins. So I agree this is a new era for both UXD's.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
            I would say that you are right. UND scored a garbage TD late to pull within 13. If UND played Cal Poly they would get killed.

Comment

Not to stick up for the UXD's but its my observation that Cal P. and UCD have also been raising their play as time has gone on the last couple of years so to compare how they are doing versus those teams as opposed to how we did initially might be apples to oranges. Regardless it is obvious that the UXD's have a ways to go to get to competitive in FCS football.

Comment

Not taking anything away from UCD. They are a very good team and if the Poly/UCD game is in Davis this year. I think that they can give them a run. The UND/UCD game was much closer than the score appears.. near the end of 3rd Q with the score of 24/14 UND's normally very reliable field goal kicker has a 44 yd FG blocked.

After stopping UCD on the next position, UND made a perfect play call on 3rd and 1 at UCD's 29. But, the receiver dropped the ball wide open in the end zone. UND settled for another FG try which was missed. Those back to back mistakes seemed to take the wind of the Sioux for about 5 minutes in the 4th Q. This lead to a quick 10 points by UCD. UND was able to get going again, but it was too late.

Again, I am taking nothing away from UCD. When you give a good team an opportunity - they take it and UCD did!!

In general, UND's offense has been fine this year. I am pleased to see the running game continue to have success in the FCS games this year. But, the defense and in particular the pass defense has been over matched this year. We have a true Fr. and RFr. seeing a lot of action at corner and teams are making UND pay for that...

I just looked at SDSU schedule and if they run the table it looks the playoffs... best of luck and good luck in Fargo!!

Comment

Working...
                X