UND Alumni

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UND Alumni

Seems something important was stolen from UND.

From the Argus:

GRAND FORKS, N.D. – Private financial information from more than 84,000 University of North Dakota alumni, donors and others was filched when a laptop computer was stolen from a software vendor’s vehicle, a UND official says.

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...DATES/81008008

Re: UND Alumni

Thanks for posting this. It's been all over the news in Bismarck, but it's good to keep getting the news out on it.

IIRC, this isn't the first time they've screwed something like this up. The last time I think was about 2.5 years ago. This is no surprise to me.

UND also sells mailing lists to other marketers. I've told them multiple times to take me off of their lists. I STILL get crap from both them, and from junk mail jacka$$e$ who very apparently got my name / address from 'guess who'.

I am seriously under the impression that teh university does not take personal privacy seriously enough. They need to get stung. I will be very amused when it does happen.

Comment

Originally posted by UTH View Post
      Thanks for posting this. It's been all over the news in Bismarck, but it's good to keep getting the news out on it.

IIRC, this isn't the first time they've screwed something like this up. The last time I think was about 2.5 years ago. This is no surprise to me.

UND also sells mailing lists to other marketers. I've told them multiple times to take me off of their lists. I STILL get crap from both them, and from junk mail jacka$$e$ who very apparently got my name / address from 'guess who'.

I am seriously under the impression that teh university does not take personal privacy seriously enough. They need to get stung. I will be very amused when it does happen.
      Did you go to school at UND?

Comment

Originally posted by tcbison View Post
        Did you go to school at UND?

I am familiar with this place. I have walked across that campus before, and am still undergoing intense psychotherapy for the problems that this experience caused. Not to worry, though. Every new day brings hope for a full recovery.

Comment

.... and am still undergoing intense psychotherapy for the problems that this experience caused. Not to worry, though. Every new day brings hope for a full recovery.
          This made my day. Not to sure what a full recovery really is after such an intense experience.
          Is is always a good day to ride.

Comment

I am familiar with this place. I have walked across that campus before, and am still undergoing intense psychotherapy for the problems that this experience caused. Not to worry, though. Every new day brings hope for a full recovery.
            Change one "N" to "S" and I know exactly what you mean.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

If this is payback for UND adding Tribal flags of Standing Rock and Spirit Lake tribes to Ralph Englestad Ice arena with out permission of the Tribal Councils, then justice has possibly been served. Those fools will do anything to save their logo.

Seriously, I feel bad for those innocent alums who just happen to buy apparell or a some small item from the Alum Association using a credit card. First Bank and Trust had a hacker a few months back, and I was advised to get a new ATM card and to order a credit report. These kind of thefts create problems that the average person does not need. I do hope the thief is caught and proscuted.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                First Bank and Trust had a hacker a few months back, and I was advised to get a new ATM card and to order a credit report. These kind of thefts create problems that the average person does not need. I do hope the thief is caught and proscuted.
                Yeah same thing happened to me....what a pain. Now everytime I run my card for a certain $$$ purchase, I have to have the retailer call in to confirm my identity.
                "No man stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child"

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                  If this is payback for UND adding Tribal flags of Standing Rock and Spirit Lake tribes to Ralph Englestad Ice arena with out permission of the Tribal Councils, then justice has possibly been served. Those fools will do anything to save their logo.

Seriously, I feel bad for those innocent alums who just happen to buy apparell or a some small item from the Alum Association using a credit card. First Bank and Trust had a hacker a few months back, and I was advised to get a new ATM card and to order a credit report. These kind of thefts create problems that the average person does not need. I do hope the thief is caught and proscuted.

It goes farther than that. You don't have to 'buy apparel or some small item'... These a$$#ats are equal opportunity people-screwers. As stated earlier, 'disinterested people' have told these a$$#ats to drop their names off the offensive lists. In the meantime, they have continue their marketing douchebaggery. I know some jd and md grads who are less than happy to keep getting crap from above-mentioned a$$#ats. Most on the list are innocent - a likely majority of whome don't have the slightest clue how their collective names are being dragged through the mud...

Comment

Working...
                  X