Glad we're not in the Big Sky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glad we're not in the Big Sky

There was a time when I was disappointed the Big Sky Conference didn't invite SDSU and NDSU to join. Wow, were we lucky? The Missouri Valley Conference is not only a better fit in terms of travel, time zones etc., it's undeniably a more prestigious conference (which means, in part, it's hard to get through it without picking up a loss or two).

So, it's fun to take a look at the Big Sky teams and see how they're doing. For example, here's today's story on the Idaho State website, looking to this Saturday's game at U of Northern Colorado:

Pocatello, ID --- Idaho State University has to take a plane to Greeley, Colorado for this week's game with Northern Colorado. The question is what names will on the manifest. The injury plagued Bengals, who might be down six defensive starters, will go after their first win of the season on Saturday afternoon against the similarly winless Bears for UNC's Homecoming game, kicking off at 1:37 pm on Altitude.
    The Bengals, who own the nation's third-longest losing streak at nine games, will be playing the team with the fourth-longest in Northern Colorado, who have lost seven straight. The Bengals will also be looking for their first road win since October 7, 2006, when ISU beat Northern Colorado 41-13 on Altitude at Nottingham Field. Link to the rest of the story.

I suppose a game pitting the team with the third-longest losing streak in the country against the team with the fourth-longest losing streak, has its own fascinating interest.

--Yawn--

Re: Glad we're not in the Big Sky

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
    There was a time when I was disappointed the Big Sky Conference didn't invite SDSU and NDSU to join. Wow, were we lucky? The Missouri Valley Conference is not only a better fit in terms of travel, time zones etc., it's undeniably a more prestigious conference (which means, in part, it's hard to get through it without picking up a loss or two).

So, it's fun to take a look at the Big Sky teams and see how they're doing. For example, here's today's story on the Idaho State website, looking to this Saturday's game at U of Northern Colorado:

Pocatello, ID --- Idaho State University has to take a plane to Greeley, Colorado for this week's game with Northern Colorado. The question is what names will on the manifest. The injury plagued Bengals, who might be down six defensive starters, will go after their first win of the season on Saturday afternoon against the similarly winless Bears for UNC's Homecoming game, kicking off at 1:37 pm on Altitude.
    The Bengals, who own the nation's third-longest losing streak at nine games, will be playing the team with the fourth-longest in Northern Colorado, who have lost seven straight. The Bengals will also be looking for their first road win since October 7, 2006, when ISU beat Northern Colorado 41-13 on Altitude at Nottingham Field. Link to the rest of the story.

I suppose a game pitting the team with the third-longest losing streak in the country against the team with the fourth-longest losing streak, has its own fascinating interest.

--Yawn--

AMEN!! I was one also that was upset when they denied the THE State Universities from joining the Big Cupcake, but it truly was a blessing in disguise!!
    BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Agreed. I guess we can wish the UXDs luck, without a trace of jealously, when they go conference shopping to the Big Sky.
      This space for lease.

Comment

The people out here were actually mad that they didn't bring in the XDSU's. Now with the success both have had lately I for one am glad they didn't. Although I probably could have made it to more games the MVC is a GIANT step up from the Big Sky.

Comment

Working...
        X