Stephen F Austin rallies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stephen F Austin rallies

It seems the Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks inadvertently took a page from the Jackrabbit playbook on Saturday with a big come-from-behind win against Southeastern Louisiana.

They're talking about SDSU on the SFA website:

NACOGDOCHES, Texas - The Stephen F. Austin Lumberjack football team overcame a 28-point deficit to defeat Southeastern Louisiana, 48-45, Saturday night at Homer Bryce Stadium. The `Jacks are now 2-3 (.400) on the season, and 1-0 in SLC action.

"I'm proud of our guys tonight," said SFA head coach J.C. Harper. "We dug ourselves an early hole, but they never quit and found a way to win. After surrendering 285 yards of total offense, and 42 points in the first half, our defense really shut them down in the second. We only allowed 63 yards and three points. It was a great effort from everyone."
    In a game that was similar to the `Jacks' disappointing loss to No. 20 South Dakota State last week, SFA was the team that dug itself an early hole falling behind 28-0 in the first half. The `Jacks didn't score their first points until the 1:25 mark of the first quarter, and fought back to make the score a respectable 28-13, before falling behind 42-21 heading into halftime. ... For the rest of the story on the SFA site: Link.

The team the Lumberjacks played, Southeastern Louisiana is 4-2 for the season including wins over the North Dakota Sioux, 38-35, and the South Dakota Coyotes, 31-30.

Re: Stephen F Austin rallies

Some of our McNeese friends were telling us last week that SFA was the basement team of the Southland Conference and SDSU should not have let them get a 34-6 lead. I think SFA is a much better team than what they were telling us. This team could win several games before the season is over.

Comment

Re: Stephen F Austin rallies

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
      Some of our McNeese friends were telling us last week that SFA was the basement team of the Southland Conference and SDSU should not have let them get a 34-6 lead. I think SFA is a much better team than what they were telling us. This team could win several games before the season is over.
      I was talking to a couple of McNeese fans after the game and a couple were worried about their upcomming game vs. SFA, because of our result with them. I just responded that they are not going to be the easy W anymore.

Comment

Working...
      X