Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gopher FB - Coach's son to transfer

Happy Father's Day - I'm transferring:

Gophers redshirt-freshman quarterback Clint Brewster, son of head coach Tim Brewster, has decided to transfer and continue his football career.
    http://www.startribune.com/sports/go...n_refer=Sports
    I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Re: Gopher FB - Coach's son to transfer

As the Gophers are my second favorite college team (behind SDSU obviously), I take a serious interest in what happens within GopherNation...I use that term loosely.
    I still don't know if Tim Brewster is going to be the guy to turn that football program around, but one good thing he has done is he did NOT force his son onto the football field like some parent coaches do. Kudos to Tim Brewster in this area of coaching.

Comment

Cowherd talked about this on his show this morning for a good 5 minutes. Ripped on the Gophers pretty good and brought up the loss to Florida Atlantic (if I recall correctly), but surprisingly never mentioned the loss to NDSU.

Comment

NDSU still looking for a backup quarterback? Interesting twist if that happened: Coach Brewster's kid could be one of the little green men.

Comment

Wait a second...if he's not good enough for the gophers, he's most certainly not good enough to be a Bison.
          LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

good point 2002Jack. Ugghh.....sad situation with Gophers football. Sad.

Comment

Saw some chatter that he may be headed to a juco in California for next season.

Not a Gopher fan (Go Hawkeyes), but I do live in the Twin Cities. Many look at as the end of the world if the head coach can't keep his own son. I see it as Brewster recruited players better than his son and both father and son were man enough to part ways so that the son could actually PLAY football and not be a bench warmer for four years. Win-win in my estimation.
              I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Some people think that getting your son to play for you ought to be the easiest recruiting job in the world, but it's really a pretty hard sell. If you play, the coach will be accused of playing favorites.

Comment

Working...
                X