NCAA APR Report - Sanctions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA APR Report - Sanctions

Well here is the link to the NCAA list of universities that will have scholarship reductions imposed by the NCAA for poor grades and students transfering out of programs.

A couple of interesting items is Centenary will have one less Men's Basketball scholarship for next year, as will Southern Utah. Southern Utah will also lose a scholarship in football.

I also noticed that Colorado State will lose 2 scholarships in Men's Basketball next year. This could impact SDSU in recruiting kids from Colorado. If I was considering Colorado State, I may reconsider if they are on the doorstep of not being post season eligible. Wyoming is also losing one scholarship next year in Men's Basketball. Washington State is losing 8 scholarships for Football. That has to hurt them a lot.

I also read an article that stated Centenary is real close to being ineligible for post season play in Men's Basketball. That has to be a real blow to that program, with them looking for a new coach, and having lost a player due to a transfer.

SDSU was not listed in the above link, which is good news. Oral Roberts and UMKC were also listed as Summit League members.

Go State!!!
    Go Jacks!!!
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Re: NCAA APR Report - Sanctions

Interesting way to cut costs.

Comment

I see the other SDSU is having a real bad day. They'll lose 6 in football, a program that is struggling to gain some respectability. Today the other SDSU is in the news for having 75 students (NO CONNECTION TO ATHLETICS) arrested in a massive drug bust ( link ).

Comment

(the other)SDSU is one of like 6 NCAA D-I schools to be on academic probation for both Football and Basketball.....

Comment

From the Argus-Leader and TV:

http://argusleader.com/apps/pbcs.dll...02/1002/SPORTS

Comment

Working...
          X