Chadwick's replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chadwick's replacement

Just 2 days after usd2 narrowed their field of candidates and stated they expected to make an announcement in 7-10 days who chadwick's replacement would be, they announced that Ryun Williams will be the next usd2 women's basketball coach. No surprise here as I had heard during the regionals that he would be their next coach, but to me it looks like a slap in the face to the other candidates. Why waste their time?

Re: Chadwick's replacement

Originally posted by 1bunnies View Post
    Just 2 days after usd2 narrowed their field of candidates and stated they expected to make an announcement in 7-10 days who chadwick's replacement would be, they announced that Ryun Williams will be the next usd2 women's basketball coach. No surprise here as I had heard during the regionals that he would be their next coach, but to me it looks like a slap in the face to the other candidates. Why waste their time?
    Didn't take that long.

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...37/1002/SPORTS
    I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Just guessing but I'll bet the paycheck was the biggest slap in the face to other candidates. I could be wrong. I'm guessing Williams will make a similar salary with the move. Not faulting him or USD for the decision. I think he has demonstrated an ability to run a program successfully and he definitely knows what USD is about.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
        Just guessing but I'll bet the paycheck was the biggest slap in the face to other candidates. I could be wrong. I'm guessing Williams will make a similar salary with the move. Not faulting him or USD for the decision. I think he has demonstrated an ability to run a program successfully and he definitely knows what USD is about.
        I agree that the paycheck may have been a slap in the face also. My problem is usd2 bringing in candidates to interview and wasting their time when they already had their boy weeks earlier.

Comment

I agree that the paycheck may have been a slap in the face also. My problem is usd2 bringing in candidates to interview and wasting their time when they already had their boy weeks earlier.
          They probably didn't have a choice. For a position like this I believe they are required to not only post the job in certain national publications, but they are also required to interview a certain number of candidates. We did the same thing during my time at SDSU when we had to fill positions that were already "filled".
          I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

That happens every day of the week in every profession, including, as CEA says, at SDSU.

Comment

Ryan Williams was one of the finalists for the SDSU job when AJ was hired permenantly upon Nancy Nieber's resignation. Ryan has done a good job at Wayne, and absent of what the search committee knew of AJ abilities, Mr William might have had a shot at being the head at SDSU. I have heard comments to the affect that Williams made a good impression on the search committee at SDSU.

I think Williams is a more quiet and mild personality and much different from Chadwick, it will be interesting to see what he accompolishes at USD. He could take their program to a higher level. Willaims was great shooter beyond the arc when he played for USD.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                Ryan Williams was one of the finalists for the SDSU job when AJ was hired permenantly upon Nancy Nieber's resignation. Ryan has done a good job at Wayne, and absent of what the search committee knew of AJ abilities, Mr William might have had a shot at being the head at SDSU. I have heard comments to the affect that Williams made a good impression on the search committee at SDSU.

I think Williams is a more quiet and mild personality and much different from Chadwick, it will be interesting to see what he accompolishes at USD. He could take their program to a higher level. Willaims was great shooter beyond the arc when he played for USD.
                Williams seems like a good guy. He is as intense as he needs to be. I watched him against Minnesota State at the regional and he impressed me with his sideline demeanor. He wasn't affraid to get into the faces of his players when he needed to and was on the officials when he needed to be. Generally I see him as a nice guy.

I think when it comes to hiring, getting a guy with D1 experience is overrated. What I mean by that is I would rather have an up and comer D2 coach with alot of energy than a coach that has D1 experience but not winning D1 experience. Anyone can lose at any level, but not everyone can win at any level. D1 experience is nice but if I had to choose I would take a winning D2 coach over a mediocre D1 coach. Being able to coach for the most part crosses all levels.
                How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

CF is probably looking at this in the proper context. A coach with DI experience would be good but the liklihood of getting one with a successful record to move to a transitional school in a state that doesn't allow multi-year contracts for university faculty (coaches) is pretty low. He has a big job ahead of him. If he can do that job successfully it will be huge on his future resume.
                  Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Working...
                  X