USD Women v. Washburn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USD Women v. Washburn

At Kearney, NE, DII Elite 8: USD Women playing Washburn U of Topeka, KS even up with 13:44 to go, 42-42.

Re: USD Women v. Washburn

Coyotes holding a slim lead with something less than a minute to go...I think it's a four point lead.

Comment

Some turnover problems for both teams.

61-57 Coyotes with about 49 seconds to go.

Comment

I confess I can't get excited listening to the game but I do hope the Coyotes continue to win.

Comment

Overtime.

Comment

The first overtime score was 67-67.

First overtime ends 73-73....so, double overtime.

Fans in the stands are getting their money's worth.

Comment

50 seconds to go: USD 79, Washburn 75
              A little confusing: the announcer keeps saying Coyotes by 2, 79-75 (needs a calculator?).

Washburn shooting free throws. Made the first one and the second
              79-77

Comment

14 seconds to go
                USD 79, Washburn 77.

Loose ball, scramble for it, USD's Daly gets the ball and gets hammered. She's going to the line.

I think the 'Yotes will advance to the final four.

Comment

Daly makes both.

So, Coyotes up by four.

Washburn has the ball and offensive foul is called. Gina Hoffman to the line for two free throws...makes one...makes two.

USD 83, Washburn 77

With 5 seconds to go, big three for Washburn.

USD 83-80.

Comment

USD wins in double overtime, 85-80.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                      USD wins in double overtime, 85-80.

Congrads Lady Yotes, looks like some good games in the Tourny. First game went to OT also
                      MISSOURI VALLEY NATION
                      http://missourivalleyfootball.com

South Dakota State University
                      http://gojacks.com

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                        I confess I can't get excited listening to the game but I do hope the Coyotes continue to win.
                        Nope...not me...can't bring myself to cheer for them. Call me stupid, but I don't see how USD winning the whole thing would benefit SDSU. Not only would the USD WBB team be in the SD media spotlight for a year (puke), it would be a nice little recruiting plug for their program also. Won't we be battling against them for some of the same recruits in the not too distant future. Now that I'm done with my USD rant, I need somebody smarter than me to explain how USD winning the DII national title would be a good thing.
                        "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                          Nope...not me...can't bring myself to cheer for them. Call me stupid, but I don't see how USD winning the whole thing would benefit SDSU. Not only would the USD WBB team be in the SD media spotlight for a year (puke), it would be a nice little recruiting plug for their program also. Won't we be battling against them for some of the same recruits in the not too distant future. Now that I'm done with my USD rant, I need somebody smarter than me to explain how USD winning the DII national title would be a good thing.
                          It would be a good thing for USD to win the D-II title for our home of 80+ years sake, the NCC. It would be nice for a senior dominated team to get that last hurrah. Lavin can go out a winner. But this is the end for this quality of USD team. Essentially all new starters, a new coach, and USD is about to enter purgatory, and the only thing that they'll be able to point to is a D-II title in their last year there. They will need every bragging opportunity they can get.

We will be competing with the Yotes for recruits. We already compete with Bison, Sioux, Bluejays, Bulldogs, Panthers, Gophers, Salukis, Redbirds, and Leathernecks, and many others. So what? A USD win, combined with SDSU success will have HS girls throughout the upper midwest looking at SD schools for opportunities. We have had success in obtaining games with low rpi teams. All 4 of the Dakota schools were very good in D-II. I would expect that to eventually to occur again in D-I. If so, it is good to have "local" schools with low RPI for games. Helps everybody. Look at how well the Big-12 did this year.

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                            I have to agree with you here. Any success USD has will make SDSU's job a little bit tougher. Some of the stuff I have been reading about why they are going to struggle could be the very selling points a new coach could use to help recruit. For example:
                            1) A National Championship..that's a no-brainer. Suddenly the school oozes success (or so the new coach will tell the recruits) and who wouldn't want to be a part of that success?
                            2) Lots of seniors graduating = lots of playing time for underclassmen
                            3) A new coach, lots of energy, charisma, able to sell young, impressionable kids on their program
                            4) Lastly, entering purgatory. All a coach would have to do is point the athlete in the direction of Brookings and say look how they came out. We will do the same thing and start with a NC and you could be playing right away for a berth in an NCAA D-1 post-season tourney.

I don't wish any harm to the USD teams, but I definitely will not be cheering for them.
                            One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Working...
                            X